MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Halvar

Jun 21, 2018
I have to agree, after all the delay due to WLTP seat decided to start building cupras with one type of gearbox and won't tell anyone the specs and then for some reason they have then decided in week 42 to build cupras with a different gearbox. Wouldn't they have to change all the post building testing to that?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
When we were waiting for Mrs Seriously's ST and I was keeping an eye on the shipping, occasionally they did the Zeebrugge stop on the way back to Barcelona rather than inbound to the UK. There was also at one point a third vessel in the mix - can't remember the name.

Reactions: walshy

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
As I was bored earlier (and using information in the link from Matt_taylor) I did some research into the gearboxes and how it might affect performance. On balance I don't think it will at all, the 7th gear is an overdrive based on my data.

I have made quite a few assumptions (based on which gear uses which shaft in the gearbox) but it kind of checks out (roughly).
view

Attachments

• DSG6 vs DSG7.PNG
    DSG6 vs DSG7.PNG
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,552

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
As I was bored earlier (and using information in the link from Matt_taylor) I did some research into the gearboxes and how it might affect performance. On balance I don't think it will at all, the 7th gear is an overdrive based on my data.

I have made quite a few assumptions (based on which gear uses which shaft in the gearbox) but it kind of checks out (roughly).
view
I was just expecting it to provide lower revs on the Mway and slightly better MPG.

Are the clutch plates any bigger/stronger can it hold more torque than the 6spd version?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I know we all suspected this, but I've now had it confirmed 100% by Seat Product support that the copper badge changes etc are only from week 42 onwards. What we still don't know is whether the FrankenCupras between cw38-42 will have the 6 speed DSG or 7 speed DSG.

AlexOS

I know we all suspected this, but I've now had it confirmed 100% by Seat Product support that the copper badge changes etc are only from week 42 onwards. What we still don't know is whether the FrankenCupras between cw38-42 will have the 6 speed DSG or 7 speed DSG.
All I know is that despite placing my order in February and it being accepted first week of March, I still have no build week, so I’ll definitely get all the copper. :banghead:

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
All I know is that despite placing my order in February and it being accepted first week of March, I still have no build week, so I’ll definitely get all the copper. :banghead:

Same as you except my order was January...

I've assume your waiting on a ST also? Has your order been converted to MY19 yet, or do you think it's waiting on the technical information now due end of the month/early November?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Was quite surprised that they have released two different trim editions post the summer factory reopening.

Have you sought any further confirmation on the changes for the pre week 42?

I remember past discussions about the winter pack and upgraded sound. Did you have those confirmed?

With regards to the DSG my post week 42 build still displays as 6spd in the SLI, if it's going to change it'll be from next week.

Although I'm still waiting on a build week I've been told no colour change. Apparently the new changes will look good on a Nevada white so I shouldn't worry.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk