What did you and your MK2 do today?

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Excellent! Glad to hear you guys giving good reviews aswell, seem to be a spot on all rounder...are they lasting quite a while then? wearing well?

Hopefully made a good choice then and I don't think £90 each was a bad deal!

Cheers chaps!

Definitely not a bad deal, mine should be delivered tomorrow and I'll hopefully get them fitted at the weekend, not good running around on the space saver :-(

Robbo-K1

Oct 18, 2013
Hull
Sounds good Paul, did you buy the same ones off Camskill aswell mate? In the deal?

Ah yeah, be good if ya can and get that space saver back hidden away again!

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
Getting the back end de-badged on friday. Also got myself a nice big lump of clay bar, did one of the front quarters as a test at work tonight and i'm impressed with the results takes a bit of time mind you but it leaves a baby's ass finish.

Robbo-K1

Oct 18, 2013
Hull
Ah cool mate, did seem like a very good offer they were doing! Should have mine here from them by Friday. Can see how the big yellow band could stand out!!

Debadged rear end should look good, I considered doing mine, but quite like the cupra and k1 badge, especially the way cupra is spaced out...different to most cars.

Clay bar's are awesome, like you said, leave an awesome finish!

Weeheeeey! Cant beat abit of wee tube cleaning! Looks awesome lol.

Jan 3, 2014
I'm hearing peoplepeople going on about a Clay Bar? What is it and what one is recommended? Also how do I go about using it? I'm a bit useless when it comes to cleaning products haha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Robbo-K1

Oct 18, 2013
Hull
A clay bar is basically a piece of clay, that rub along the car's bodywork and is designed to remove all contaminates. Gets all sorts off, tar etc. and leaves an exceptionally smooth finish, similar to polish but really flats the paint back to its originally condition! You have to spray like a lubricant on to make it easy to rub the clay along the paintwork.

I personally have a Meguiars one and really like it and would recommend. However I bet the Autoglym one is just as good. There may be more out there but never had any other experiences.

The idea aswell is to keep turning the piece of clay aswell, trying to keep it as clean as possible if it starts getting mucky :)

Hope this helps...sure a few others can expand on this a little more.

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
A clay bar is basically a piece of clay, that rub along the car's bodywork and is designed to remove all contaminates. Gets all sorts off, tar etc. and leaves an exceptionally smooth finish, similar to polish but really flats the paint back to its originally condition! You have to spray like a lubricant on to make it easy to rub the clay along the paintwork.

I personally have a Meguiars one and really like it and would recommend. However I bet the Autoglym one is just as good. There may be more out there but never had any other experiences.

The idea aswell is to keep turning the piece of clay aswell, trying to keep it as clean as possible if it starts getting mucky :)

Hope this helps...sure a few others can expand on this a little more.

I've found billet hammer the best and you only need to use water as lube not detailing spray

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
9yjanyde.jpg

That's the one I got and you only need to use water as a lube!