what have you done to your car today ?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
My differential was once again destroyed (3rd time in the last 6 years).. Now my beauty is just laying there wounded without a gearbox... :( FML..

Maybe thats a sign for me to give up on the old 1.6L 5speed and start looking for a BAM 225bhp engine with 6 speeds.. Any ideas guys??

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

give me a shout if you need the bits for a 6 speed conversion

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Niceeee, with 4x4 that is one hell of a ride!

Swapped old rear shocks with new units from Ta Technix (went the cheap route). They perform way better than expected, they complement the Front yellow Koni's nicely. Mounted them with the help of my sis in law, awesome haha

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
did about 21 mpg roughly haha and spent about 15 notes of 99 oct quite quickly,
for but after a while you can feel the car is lagging that tiny bit due to the uprated side mount,im thinking of a front mount for the cupra auq but I like to keep the fogs in as well, or that of to sell off the car and find a curpa only problem is I know the ins and outs of the car I have now and then to go out and get a R then its this and that and so on in replacing parts :think:

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Bought the car a week ago but been working soooooo

Yesterday went to a mate to have a look at it. He fixed a coolant leak (awkward banjo bolt by turbo was a bit loose), freed off a sticky rear caliper, fitted some reversing sensors which have turned out to be pretty crap, luckily no holes in the rear bumper! Front discs have been confirmed as needing changing (3-4 month old pagids). Oh and changed the spark plugs as well.

Today I finally washed and waxed the car and it looks superb. Would put a pic up but need to have 15 posts to my name. Gave it a good clean inside and fitted my cupra mats which I love.

Swirl removal will be attempted sometime during the summer.

Loving the car:D

irf

Feb 5, 2014
What spec mate? You've been busy :)

Just a completely standard black AMK LCR so nothing special here but I'm really falling for it:love:

Edit. Oh and today my cousin came round with some 'magic sponge' and cleaned my steering wheel and erm, knob. Bear in mind that I had cleaned the car today and given the wheel a wipe down with a damp towel, he uses this sponge, wipes the wetness with a separate cloth and then rinses the sponge in a bowl of water. Done this a good few times and the water had turned BLACK! The shininess has gone as it's more matt now and the red stitchings come up nicely as well.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.