What did you and your MK2 do today?

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Im just waiting for some gloss black 4D carbon fibre wrap to arrive to do my dull silver wing mirrors..

i've been thinking that if it looks ok i mite get the scuttle panel on the bonnet done in the sane stuff...

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
I hadnt thought about that, I guessing wrap does stick to the plastic the scuttles make out of, I've used wrap quiet a bit and it sticks to most stuff...

I mite get the scuttle panel dobe professionally thou as its got the wash jets in there and could be a pig to do.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Had my alignment done. Top lot is before, bottom is after. Unfortunately not printed in colour

se3yzena.jpg

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Wrapped my wing mirrors in 4D gloss black carbon fibre, it was easy to get the covers off...damn hard to wrap them but managed to get all the creases out JUST!!!

But they took ages to refit, i had to cut the wrap right back to the very very edge to make them side back into position..

note to anybody doing this be careful how much wrap you fold into the back of the cover....I will 100% be getting the plastic scuttle panel wrapped professionally....

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Wrapped my wing mirrors in 4D gloss black carbon fibre, it was easy to get the covers off...damn hard to wrap them but managed to get all the creases out JUST!!!

But they took ages to refit, i had to cut the wrap right back to the very very edge to make them side back into position..

note to anybody doing this be careful how much wrap you fold into the back of the cover....I will 100% be getting the plastic scuttle panel wrapped professionally....

I wrapped mine too, unfortunately after last winter it all shrank slightly and has started to peal

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I tried wrapping once.
Ended up just stopping at Halfrauds.

1 tin of primer
1 tin of gloss black
And 1 tin of clear lacquer later....much nicer and better result.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Booked the car in to get the roof and front lip vinyled. Gloss black of course.

Wifey's dime of course :)
Next steps: tripleR splitter

Last edited:

tuan21

My Cupra, my life style
Feb 24, 2011
Italy
Time for me to mount triple r splitter in my garage, crossfingering and patience :thumbup:

Hope all will fit easy :p

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.