Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
So much better.
eje7ytat.jpg

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Might just be the way the picture has been taken and how the light is being bounced around off the car but that looks very much like all the light is being concentrated in one area?

gunnergibson

Dec 27, 2010
North West
Might just be the way the picture has been taken and how the light is being bounced around off the car but that looks very much like all the light is being concentrated in one area?

Would you expect a spread of light at less than a metre away?. on a serious note the beam is good. It doesn't look like that when shining against my garage door- 2 well defined beams. Will get it down to the garage for a check / adjustment if needed.

Great mod for little money. Only changed die to a recent hair raising drive to the Lakes , at night, and in inclement weather. The OEM bulbs were as effective as candles.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I came across a kit like this on the dark roads yesterday. Charvered up Fiesta behind me.
Lights were so bright I had to click the rear view mirror into "de-blind" mode and tilt the side mirrors so that I wasn't being blinded from the sides.

gunnergibson

Dec 27, 2010
North West
I came across a kit like this on the dark roads yesterday. Charvered up Fiesta behind me.
Lights were so bright I had to click the rear view mirror into "de-blind" mode and tilt the side mirrors so that I wasn't being blinded from the sides.

I doubt it was the same kit as mine.

Compared to my neighbours OEM xenons, the brightness is on par , and the beam pattern is fairly tight, due to the deliberate markings on the bulb to prevent the chav glare.

I personally went in to the HID Direct warehouse and stipulated that I wanted an OEM looking kit, without the ridiculous beam patterns.. For the £57 i paid, I think it's a price worth paying.

I also dislike the chavesque kits that cause arc eye when you look in your mirror.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland

Its not the hids that blind other cars, its the headlight adjustment. I've had 5 cars fitted with hids in the past and never once have I blinded anyone. My last car being the mk1 LCR.

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
Is there a pre and a post face lift btcc bumper? I didn't think there was a difference with them, only with the standard types?

Yes theres a difference between the pre fl and fl btcc front bumpers as the headlights are a slightly different shaped. So if you have a pre fl model and buy a fl btcc front bumper then youll have small gaps between the bumper and headlights.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Its not the hids that blind other cars, its the headlight adjustment. I've had 5 cars fitted with hids in the past and never once have I blinded anyone. My last car being the mk1 LCR.

Fair point.
Mind this was also clearly HIDs in reflector lenses. It was truly awful and really dangerous.
But anyway we've been down this road in other threads :) haha

Last edited:

Tander

Nov 28, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
It's simple guys..

HiDs in normal headlight housings are unfocused, lots if glare and blind other road users. Those are the facts and it's the HiDs. Not the adjustments as you can't adjust it in a normal headlight housing. It's the reflective housing that causes this.

In a projector housing HiDs are better and more focused.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Well I managed to fit the interior LEDs to the Cupra. What a difference! I'm now wondering if I should upgrade the original OEM xenon bulbs to 6000k? I've been told it's a lot whiter ?

Not sure on that one, the colour spectrum shows 6000K as being white with slight blue tinge. I have cheap 6000K bulbs in my xenons but to be honest, they're crap. I need to put the originals back in. The light output is not clear like my friends 6000K HIDs in his vectra, they're sort of a green colour :confused:

I want to get the osram cool blue intense ones but they aren't cheap! Osram reckon they have a colour temp of upto 5500K

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.