What did you and your MK2 do today?

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Well fitted my 10mm hub centric spacers up front ( final E.T 41 ) and my 15mm hub centric rear spacers ( final E.T 36 )

With the drop from the Eibach sportlines the final results look good, the wheels just sit inside of the arch lip....

Ye some pictures. You went abit wider than me, so be good to see the diffrence.

Are you on the 18"FR rims?

Luke

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Yer i'll take some pictures tomorrow when the weathers better...

I'm also toying with the idea of fitting an Linea R front grill, I've been offered a 2nd hand one posted for £50.00, is this a good deal????????????

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Ye some pictures. You went abit wider than me, so be good to see the diffrence.

Are you on the 18"FR rims?

Luke

Nar I'm on the BTCC 18" BBS seat alloys, I'm not sure whether there 7.5J or 8J thou???? but there fitted with 225/40/18 tyres....I think that when they need replacing i'll be putting 215/35's on thou, there a bit to much side wall for my liking in 225/40 profile....

Saying that I'm looking @ putting so 18" x 9J alloys on in the spring for a fat square setup!!!:p

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Not the best view, but you get the idea, wheels hand aligned or settled as it's just off the jack.

Excuse the car, it was washed after this, Z7 and a Z7 wipe over, tyres dressed.

BEFORE, 5mm rear only spacers

AFTER 5mm front, 12mm rear

Last edited:

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
I've noticed a strange noise coming from the right hand side front wheel when I turn the steering wheel on full lock, it sounds like a creeking noise, not sure if it's the wishbones/lower arms.. Hmm

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Yer i'll take some pictures tomorrow when the weathers better...

I'm also toying with the idea of fitting an Linea R front grill, I've been offered a 2nd hand one posted for £50.00, is this a good deal????????????

Buy it mate, you won't get it cheaper than that, they are £100 new

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Purchased a Ramair filter, alloy pipe, silicone hoses, stainless steel clips and some aluminium rod to make my own induction kit just like Jake on the forum has done!

Last edited:

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
Been looking at using something called Plasti Dip have ago at painting the whole car matte black or white. Then if I don't like it you can peel it straight off.

Has anyone else tried using it?

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
It just looks like it's been wrapped.

Might test it on another car, take it to my dad's booth and have ago, see if you can really peel it off without it effecting the bodywork underneath?

Did you think the Cupra R that Scott had to test drive looked good in matte black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013

There you go photos, 10mm hub centric spacers up front and 15mm hub centric spacers @ the rear... Final E.T @ the front 41, final E.T @ the rear 36....The cars fitted with Eibach sportline springs.......

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Total fool question here but....why spacers?
Is it to improve handling by widening the wheel base?

To be honest after i'd had the car lowered the alloys looked a little lost in the arches so i've just tryed to sort the stance out....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members