What did you and your MK2 do today?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
When I was thinking about going stage 1 everyone I talked suggested the clutch be replaced for an upgraded unit, the total cost involved made me reconsider quickly.

Basically from the opinions and experiences of people I've spoken to I would say if you do decide to go stage 1 make sure you have some spare cash availabe and be prepared to upgrade the clutch quicker than you thought you might have to, also look into the cost of the part and fitting too, it's not cheap.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
What was the mileage when you got mapped to stage 1?
My car got mapped to stg 1 at approximately 6k miles. Upgraded to stg 2+ approx 20k later and as I mentioned, friction plate was in great shape. In fact it's still in my garage.
When I was thinking about going stage 1 everyone I talked suggested the clutch be replaced for an upgraded unit, the total cost involved made me reconsider quickly.

Basically from the opinions and experiences of people I've spoken to I would say if you do decide to go stage 1 make sure you have some spare cash availabe and be prepared to upgrade the clutch quicker than you thought you might have to, also look into the cost of the part and fitting too, it's not cheap.
These are wise words. Of course when running a higher level of power/torque then items (especially one's that operate using friction) will deteriorate quicker than when standard.

There are quite a few people who've run stg 2+ on standard clutches with no problems but they are certainly in the minority.

It's all about taking care of the clutch too......don't add extra unnecessary stresses to it by driving style etc. :thumbup:

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013
Might be a daft question, and I probably already know the answer.. But m.o.t is tomorrow, am I wise to remove my l.e.d sidelights and return to stock?

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013
I'll check them, you've just reminded me actually one was flickering on one if it's l.e.d's but it stopped recently.. Might ***** out and swap them but it's such a ballache with massive hands :( lol

Cheers by the way :)

Last edited:

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
I would sort out the flickering ones mate.

I know it's a right pain swapping them around if you have big hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
My Cupra doesn't feel as sharp recently, I am wondering if I plug it into a fault code reader something may pop up? Can anyone recommend a fault code reader for the mk2 cupra??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.