What did you and your MK2 do today?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Don't blame you for sticking with Shell if it's local, Tesco is a little nearer for me so I'll continue to go there (plus it's noticeably cheaper per litre), I don't even bother with clubcard points but might start, can they be used on anything in Tesco? And how many points do you get for a £70 fill up and what would that equate to in money terms?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Don't blame you for sticking with Shell if it's local, Tesco is a little nearer for me so I'll continue to go there (plus it's noticeably cheaper per litre), I don't even bother with clubcard points but might start, can they be used on anything in Tesco? And how many points do you get for a £70 fill up and what would that equate to in money terms?

Not sure how many points you get, think its 1 for every £2 spent. I get extra coz I've got a Tesco credit card, fill work car up on that and claim it back, pay card off every month, if I'm filling GF's Leon up use that too (which is often as strangely its always empty when I come to use it... ) we reckon we've had about £75 back over last 12 months just through fuel alone you can use them on loads of things, they do offers every so often, club card exchange gets you double or more off all sorts.
Better than sweet FA and as most of it (45-50k miles a year) is company funded happy days!

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Not sure how many points you get, think its 1 for every £2 spent. I get extra coz I've got a Tesco credit card, fill work car up on that and claim it back, pay card off every month, if I'm filling GF's Leon up use that too (which is often as strangely its always empty when I come to use it... ) we reckon we've had about £75 back over last 12 months just through fuel alone you can use them on loads of things, they do offers every so often, club card exchange gets you double or more off all sorts.
Better than sweet FA and as most of it (45-50k miles a year) is company funded happy days!

I might start with this club card jobbie then, can you use it when you do the pay at the pump thing?

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
I use Tesco 99 now too, I used to use V Power and redeem the points but over time the "rewards" I got seemed to get less and less so I've sacked it off totally now, I notice no performance dip at all in switching fuels plus I'm saving money at the pump so it's win win really.

im on tesco mometntum 99 and havent noticed any drop in performance,its a few pence cheaper aswell

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I might start with this club card jobbie then, can you use it when you do the pay at the pump thing?

You can indeed. You get a little key fob card that you can just shove under a scanner, as well as a full size one. You can link cards too, so your other half can have one. If you can ever get them to fill the bl##dy thing up that is! :)

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
In between the rain showers i had a productive afternoon; managed to change my gearbox oil, replaced my Diverter valve and fitted my pipercross panel filter.

Huge improvement with the Gearbox though. Car is 6 years old and has only covered 47K but the oil was ruined... Definitely worth doing!

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland

I've been using tesco 99 for years now with no problems. Its cheaper and the club card points are a big bonus. As said 1/2 point for every £1 spent, if you shop in store its a point for a £1 and every 3 months you get your money off and vouchers through. Get in the scheme ASAP man and get your points saved up. You can also get the points by pay @ the pump. You get a wee barcode card about the size of a keyring that you just scan every time you fill up or use the store.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Surprised a kn0b in a merc c250 cdi.
Pouring out black smoke out the back thinking he was the dog's n00ts. I'm liking the CupraR.

Gotta say though; took some effort, so that's no good. APR here I come!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I've been using tesco 99 for years now with no problems. Its cheaper and the club card points are a big bonus. As said 1/2 point for every £1 spent, if you shop in store its a point for a £1 and every 3 months you get your money off and vouchers through. Get in the scheme ASAP man and get your points saved up. You can also get the points by pay @ the pump. You get a wee barcode card about the size of a keyring that you just scan every time you fill up or use the store.

Ok you've convinced dude, where do I get one of these little key ring card things then? Do I need to go in store?

Pouring out black smoke out the back thinking he was the dog's n00ts. I'm liking the CupraR.

I think you might want to look at pricing up a clutch too mate, I don't see your standard clutch lasting two minutes, I hope you have deep pockets.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland

Better budget around £1k for a clutch as well mate as the standard one won't last long.

Ok you've convinced dude, where do I get one of these little key ring card things then? Do I need to go in store?

Either the store or ask at the petrol station bud.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I think you might want to look at pricing up a clutch too mate, I don't see your standard clutch lasting two minutes, I hope you have deep pockets.

Better budget around £1k for a clutch as well mate as the standard one won't last long

Really? I was under the impression that the standard clutch would last a while through stage 1 if driven properly.
Mind, I CAN actually drive properly :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members