What did you and your MK2 do today?

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Sorry I was a little bit vague then, What I mean't was how come there is not a for sale items section on the website?

Would be such a good idea! And every other forum has one.

I bet this has been told to the newbies so many time haha.
Haha, sorry matey. There used to be a for sale section on here but people abused it etc so it was removed for ease and protection of the Forum members.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Sorry I was a little bit vague then, What I mean't was how come there is not a for sale items section on the website?

Would be such a good idea! And every other forum has one.

I bet this has been told to the newbies so many time haha.

The problem is if I sell u something and rip u off with it being broke or fake or not what I described it to be then u would natrauly contact the mods and ask them to sort it out. It's a lot of hassle policing it all and once upon a time there was a for sale section on here but I think it just became too much for them. EBay or another forum is ur best bet

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Question.

Before I discovered I had to fork out for dent repairs, I had been toying with the idea of having my original 17" alloys refurbed. A couple have kerb marks on them, caused by the previous female owner. As well as the refurb I was also considering a color change for the alloys.

I'm thinking of going anthracite alloys & having the mirror caps and chrome grill surround sprayed anthracite to match.

If you change the colour of the original alloys is that classed as a modification by the insurance companies?

Or could you argue that the car was supplied with the wheels in that colour? As technically you havnt put aftermarket parts on it?

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Question.

If you change the colour of the original alloys is that classed as a modification by the insurance companies?

Or could you argue that the car was supplied with the wheels in that colour? As technically you havnt put aftermarket parts on it?

Absolutely tell the insurance company. It depends on who they are tbh, I have been insured with 4 companies now and 2 of them noted a colour change as a modification. If I had claimed then they would have denied as it wasn't like that from the factory ( Codes on stickers in the boot correspond to optional extra's ). You can argue all you like with them, but they will ALWAYS win.

p11lkw

Oct 21, 2012
I thought diesel vapours and fumes were supposed to eat through silicon hoses? Or is this something that iv read somewhere but it's not true?

I've not heard anything but to be honest I've not looked into it. Darkside sell a hard pipe kit with silicone hoses so I'm presuming they must be ok. I've bought high quality hoses.
Must admit you've got me thinking now. Will be looking into it.

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Good job! They look great! Where did u get the drl lights from?

You can get them off eBay for a few quid per pair. The module is by genlabs, also off eBay, this makes them dim to 50% depending on where you connect it up to.

I got a load of these but looking at fixing them within the vent hexagon sections with six each side, just like my DRLs.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
I've not heard anything but to be honest I've not looked into it. Darkside sell a hard pipe kit with silicone hoses so I'm presuming they must be ok. I've bought high quality hoses.
Must admit you've got me thinking now. Will be looking into it.

I would love a hose kit to tart up the engine bay a little, just when I heard that it put me off. I'll be honest tho I haven't researched it, I just read it on here and never got round to checking up on it

p11lkw

Oct 21, 2012
I would love a hose kit to tart up the engine bay a little, just when I heard that it put me off. I'll be honest tho I haven't researched it, I just read it on here and never got round to checking up on it

From what read the silicone hoses need to be fluoro lined for a diesel

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Today I realised a btcc spoiler, no matter how much you trim it won't fit a face lift tailgate, so expensive test but it would of been unique,

IMAG0416_zps7cab8086.jpg

So quick call to seat and ordered a propper one

So after work I stuck the tailgate into the booth for colour

IMAG0407_zps192f92c0.jpg

IMAG0411_zpsc597a4a8.jpg

Also painted one of my mirror caps as that was scuffed

IMAG0415_zpsb480c791.jpg

I've ordered a new high level brake light as there different, I bagged two rear lights off ebay for £40 as well, then for new yr I'm going led,

I'm thinking gloss black for the spoiler and maybe a dewiper on the hatch, but that's only if my motor doesn't fit lol

Jake

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
My Leons going into Seat tomoz to have the drivers window channels replaced...only the 6th time its been in now with the same fault and what makes it better my warranty ran out a month ago!! The're still fixing it under warranty though as a "good will gesture"

Also ordered myself a vag com setup so will be trying to figur that out when it arrives :D

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Got my number plate LEDs in the post today, hopefully they will go in without any errors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Colledge87

Mar 19, 2013
Teesside
Got my number plate LEDs in the post today, hopefully they will go in without any errors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I got a pair today too today from ebay, got them fitted and look a lot cleaner :D no errors yet but they have only been in a couple of minutes :p

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Interior don't need to be can bus. It's only the outside.

If you look at my build thread there's an email address for a guy who does a full kit for £20