What did you and your MK2 do today?

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Lol, I was surprised as well, they were actually delivered yesterday but I missed it so had them redelivered today. Can't fault Sere motors I ordered them Monday night and I would have them yesterday if I was home.

adildj82

i just gave a deposit for '11 fl cupra ..will go Monday to pick it up. Would like to know few things...
1) It has done 67k most motorway miles but cambelt not changed yet; would like to know at what mileage it needs to be done usually as it is still under 4yrs( 2.5yrs old)?
2) The spare key for the car is just like normal key. is that ok? my previous car(audi) had both the remote locking keys.
3) Please suggest what all things i should look at before giving final amount?

Thanks in advance
DJ

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
i just gave a deposit for '11 fl cupra ..will go Monday to pick it up. Would like to know few things...
1) It has done 67k most motorway miles but cambelt not changed yet; would like to know at what mileage it needs to be done usually as it is still under 4yrs( 2.5yrs old)?
2) The spare key for the car is just like normal key. is that ok? my previous car(audi) had both the remote locking keys.
3) Please suggest what all things i should look at before giving final amount?

Thanks in advance
DJ

As for the spare key question, you only get one remote key and the other one is just a 'normal' spare key, sucks a bit I know.
Don't know as to what you should look out for, I havnt ungraded to a Cupra......YET :p..
Get a few pics up though ASAP!

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Nightbreakers are better, but they don't change the light colour much if that's what you're wanting. HIDs provide much much better visibility, but theres the issue of whether they're legal or not... If you get H7R bulbs then that helps. The ones at ECP look like they aren't CANBUS, which means they'll give an error. The link below are the ones you want. I also noticed that the ones at ECP are 8000k, they're probably a bit too blue and would attract unnecessary attention from plod. I'd go for 4300k (daylight), 5000k (white) or 6000k (white with slight blue tint). Personally I prefer 5000k.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-H7R-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5656135441

according to the guide in that link these wont fit a cr fr 2010?

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
fellow member MJ popped over today

HAD Staging activated via VAGCOM

He also changed the coding for the canbus gateway for the RNS 510, so now I have 5 screens on the highline display; MFD/AUDIO/NAVIGATION/PHONEBOOK/VEHICLE SETTINGS

also have turn by turn instructions coming up on the display if a destination is set

Very very grateful to an excellent fellow SCN member. MJ is a top bloke, good meeting you mate :)

wezy0

wezy0 leon lc
Nov 10, 2009
westyorkshire
Broken down in town :( got this fault code p1093 Fuel measuring system bank 1 implausible signal .
Checked PVC seems ok checked DVD.
Checked to see if petrol was getting though.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Tried again to fix the clock shift with my RNS and Highline cluster but still not having it, compass seems to push the minutes off the screen!

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
fellow member MJ popped over today

HAD Staging activated via VAGCOM

He also changed the coding for the canbus gateway for the RNS 510, so now I have 5 screens on the highline display; MFD/AUDIO/NAVIGATION/PHONEBOOK/VEHICLE SETTINGS

also have turn by turn instructions coming up on the display if a destination is set

Very very grateful to an excellent fellow SCN member. MJ is a top bloke, good meeting you mate :)

hi, what do oyu mean had staging enabled?

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Prepped the car for winter.

Clayed, tripple stage machine polished followed by two coats of hd wax. Interior cleaned and sealed with lifeline interior.

Jake

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.