What did you and your MK2 do today?

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
Began giving the car a major spruce up this evening. Only started clay baring this evening but borrowing a friends machine polisher to see how well I can make her shine tomorrow!

Good choice on the grill too ;)

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Bummer maye. My gal has made a joke once about kurbing my wheels I wasn't happy then she went hahaha only joking..... Sick sob lol hopefully it's not too bad mate. You recon she would pay for a refurb.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Attempted to have a small chip repaired on the windscreen, tiniest chip ive ever seen, Insurance came out to repair and repaired it but as they removed the repair machine its now cracked half way across the screen :(

£90 excess :(

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Bummer maye. My gal has made a joke once about kurbing my wheels I wasn't happy then she went hahaha only joking..... Sick sob lol hopefully it's not too bad mate. You recon she would pay for a refurb.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Yeah she's already offered to pay for it, she was almost in tears on the phone to be honest! Things like this happen though and at the end of the day it's only a wheel.....still a bit miffed though! ;)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Yeah she's already offered to pay for it, she was almost in tears on the phone to be honest! Things like this happen though and at the end of the day it's only a wheel.....still a bit miffed though! ;)

Tell her you can't buy a single wheel as they only come in sets of 4 and this one is too bad to be repaired, then get on with the job of pricing up some more alloys ;)

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Tell her you can't buy a single wheel as they only come in sets of 4 and this one is too bad to be repaired, then get on with the job of pricing up some more alloys ;)
Hahahahahhahaha. .....she'd just tell me to wedge it if I tried that! ;) Good thinking though. I just want her to get home now so I can see the damage! :(

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013
Tempted to buy an hid kit, euro car parts have them on offer for 34.99.. Does anyone know if it'll throw up any errors on a facelift?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Tempted to buy an hid kit, euro car parts have them on offer for 34.99.. Does anyone know if it'll throw up any errors on a facelift?

Got a link for it?

The one that's tried and tested is the Terminator Kit from HIDs Direct. Many people have used it in FL cars without any issues.

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013
Sure dude, http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/...il&utm_term=0_ffe0c655c3-bfdea9d771-283334593

They're also offering deals on night breakers
byvyta6e.jpg

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees

Nightbreakers are better, but they don't change the light colour much if that's what you're wanting. HIDs provide much much better visibility, but theres the issue of whether they're legal or not... If you get H7R bulbs then that helps. The ones at ECP look like they aren't CANBUS, which means they'll give an error. The link below are the ones you want. I also noticed that the ones at ECP are 8000k, they're probably a bit too blue and would attract unnecessary attention from plod. I'd go for 4300k (daylight), 5000k (white) or 6000k (white with slight blue tint). Personally I prefer 5000k.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-H7R-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5656135441

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013
Cheers mate, I was only gonna go for them because they don't work out that much more than the night breakers which I've read are recommended, and I've got led sidelights so wanted a similar color match.

Ive also read hid stands for, "hi, I'm a d*ckhead"
Due to all the corsas that have them set up in your face.

I'll order the night breakers :)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Cheers mate, I was only gonna go for them because they don't work out that much more than the night breakers which I've read are recommended, and I've got led sidelights so wanted a similar color match.

Ive also read hid stands for, "hi, I'm a d*ckhead"
Due to all the corsas that have them set up in your face.

I'll order the night breakers :)

Haha, if they're aimed too high they really are dangerous. Where are you based? I have terminator kit I gave to my friend because I didn't need it anymore, but he's not using it at the minute.

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
I've just ordered some tinted wind deflectors from ebay, I'll see what they look like if they look daft I'll take them off lol.

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013
Haha, if they're aimed too high they really are dangerous. Where are you based? I have terminator kit I gave to my friend because I didn't need it anymore, but he's not using it at the minute.

I'm in Scunthorpe, for my sins (nowhere near where that channel 4 crap was filmed lol)
Although I'm always looking for a reason to go for a trip :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members