What did you and your MK2 do today?

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Picked the car up from the garage, all repaired!
It's amazing how quiet it is without the Neuspeed on it, it's really nice to drive again :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

simon128927

Jul 25, 2012
Herefordshire
So after 4 years of keep using lucozade bottles I decided to buy myself the seat armrest god it feels so much better than resting your arm on a bottle top. £130 from my local seat dealer.

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Well I had my N/S headlight unit replaced due to staining on the inside from condensation. As per usual, you send a car in for one thing and then when you get it back you spot something else - the gap under the corner of the headlight is bigger at one side of the bumper than the other. Had the bumper off and messed around as much as I can to adjust it but can't get it bang on perfect. Think I might be a bit over fussy.....

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Well I had my N/S headlight unit replaced due to staining on the inside from condensation. As per usual, you send a car in for one thing and then when you get it back you spot something else - the gap under the corner of the headlight is bigger at one side of the bumper than the other. Had the bumper off and messed around as much as I can to adjust it but can't get it bang on perfect. Think I might be a bit over fussy.....

Im pretty sure the headlights were different for the fl and pre -fl !!
They may have fitted the wrong one !!!

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Im pretty sure the headlights were different for the fl and pre -fl !!
They may have fitted the wrong one !!!

Nah, its right. It's only a slight difference plus you can adjust the headlights, I probably just need to fiddle with the old one plus not everything produced will be 100% exactly the same.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
visited B&Q to get some paint as I'm redocroating the master bedroom next week.

Came home, washed the Leon & finished off with a coat of Autoglym HD Wax, Megauirs endurance tyre shine gel, hoovered it out & went over the interior plastics with gloss shine.

Got the plastidip delivered & sprayed one of the silver wing mirror covers. gave it 12 coats of the plastidip to build up an even coating.

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
Finally got the spoiler, skirts, mirror covers and grill surround painted/fitted and when filling up the car I was given a voucher for v-power for 10p off a litre valid from 3rd of may happy days, he said it was only for people seen to be using v-power

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Nah, its right. It's only a slight difference plus you can adjust the headlights, I probably just need to fiddle with the old one plus not everything produced will be 100% exactly the same.

Ok, i take that back, the fecking light output is different from the new light and looks odd compared to the old one [:@]

If you pay, they replace in pairs. If they pay then they do just one. I will be back on their doorstep first thing Monday morning and demanding a new light for the other side - this is the fourth time i've had to have it in for warranty work and my nearest dealership is 10 miles away!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members