What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I'm sure I'll buy one but it's not the colour I want and doesn't look in great condition, but you gotta try before you buy :p

I agree, but why would the dealer waste time letting you take out a car that you have no intention of purchasing? ;) they're gonna tell you to go find what you do want and test drive that!

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
There are a few manufacturers who allow for extended test drives, Citroen offered a 48 hour test drive on the DS4 and my brother took out an Astra about 3 years ago when they had their weekend test drive offer. Picked it up on friday, took it up to the lakes and dropped it back off on Sunday, he never was interested in buying one. They had you sign a bond before you took it and the excess on the insurance was around 5 thousand pounds too if I remember correctly....

G7

Feb 20, 2013
Bo'ness. Scotland
Chopped my OEM engine cover to fit round my Revo induction kit!!
Before
ymu9u2a4.jpg

After
gyru5e7e.jpg

It's not perfect but looks pretty good to me!!
Gonna tackle the mould on the soundproofing tomorrow!!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Nice

I went for the Audi TTS one in the end, didnt want to cut up the LCR one as the replacment one is very very expensive

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Before
ymu9u2a4.jpg

After
gyru5e7e.jpg

Top job there mate - this is something I plan on doing to mine. Any hints or tips you can give???

G7

Feb 20, 2013
Bo'ness. Scotland
Top job there mate - this is something I plan on doing to mine. Any hints or tips you can give???

Cheers, looks ok from the top but you can see its been chopped at the sides.
you have to separate the top and bottom and cut them individually! (Well I did) I had to cut off a lot from the bottom but left the two mounts at the back, under the induction kit pipe.
It's not finished yet, I'm going to buy a wee dremmel and finish it off properly as it was only roughly cut with a junior hacksaw.
Think it looks pretty good though!

Magicsky

I got the need for speed
Oct 8, 2012
West Sussex
I have wrapped the grill, not bad job I think.
umejyqev.jpg

Got rid of the sliver, just need better weather to do the bit by the number plate.

Mar 22, 2012
South east
Before
ymu9u2a4.jpg

After
gyru5e7e.jpg

Nice one fella, what's the revo intake like? Was thinking of getting one myself!

Mar 22, 2012
South east
yjy4equv.jpg

Changed my splash screen from VW to seat! Was really starting to get on my nerves!
Now all in need is speed camera alert buy think you have to subscribed from what I can tell:(

Last edited:

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Well, i cut half my finger off today so the Leon wont be getting much treatment for a while!

Also keep looking at another bike, the car will be so neglected come summer.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.