What did you and your MK2 do today?

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
picked mine up from the bodyshop today. The guy's have done a brilliant job.

you wouldn't know the bumper had been damaged.

Really pleased with the respray on the bonnet too, it was peppered with stone chips and the scratches that were there would not polish out

Looks like new again now :funk:

£300 well spent!

Last edited:

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
picked mine up from the bodyshop today. The guy's have done a brilliant job.

you wouldn't know the bumper had been damaged.

Really pleased with the respray on the bonnet too, it was peppered with stone chips and the scratches that were there would not polish out

Looks like new again now :funk:

£300 well spent!

ahh, a front end and NS respray is what im looking for, but then seeing as tahts 75% of the car, i may aswell get the lot sprayed over. slight pain in the ass when you realise just how much damage **** roads can do :(

i have a fair few k's of motorway to do over the next 12-16 months! and another drive to south spain, (hopefully) so after all that! ill be looking into getting it sorted!

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
ahh, a front end and NS respray is what im looking for, but then seeing as tahts 75% of the car, i may aswell get the lot sprayed over. slight pain in the ass when you realise just how much damage **** roads can do :(

i have a fair few k's of motorway to do over the next 12-16 months! and another drive to south spain, (hopefully) so after all that! ill be looking into getting it sorted!

I had a split slap bang centre of the lower lip on front bumper, where someone had reversed into my car in a car park. to repair the split was £120 for a plastic weld & respray

The bonnet itself was £150 + cost of paint, so paint was £30

car was in the shop for 2 days, so all in all not bad really.

I recokon if you budget for 'say' £150 per panel, you wont be far off

seriously considering getting a bonnet bra, or buying some clear vinyl stonechip protection film. I think SEAT do an official stonechip protection kit?

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
I had a split slap bang centre of the lower lip on front bumper, where someone had reversed into my car in a car park. to repair the split was £120 for a plastic weld & respray

The bonnet itself was £150 + cost of paint, so paint was £30

car was in the shop for 2 days, so all in all not bad really.

I recokon if you budget for 'say' £150 per panel, you wont be far off

seriously considering getting a bonnet bra, or buying some clear vinyl stonechip protection film. I think SEAT do an official stonechip protection kit?

i was thinking this, but im too much of a detailing *****, and i dont know where i would stand cleaning the film :/ unless its cheap enough to just remove and fit new when i have long and crappy roads up and comming.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum

We'll keep an eye out for you we're driving down again this year, August time. When are you going?

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
We'll keep an eye out for you we're driving down again this year, August time. When are you going?

español?
where do you cross from? Plymouth is such as advantage for me!

I'd like to go down aug / sept time! its just too hot for my liking in July, like the last 3 years! late Aug, early Sept, its quiet and just a real nice temp!
i was over in Feb this year, and it was blooming freezing! didnt even attempt the pool!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
español?
where do you cross from? Plymouth is such as advantage for me!

I'd like to go down aug / sept time! its just too hot for my liking in July, like the last 3 years! late Aug, early Sept, its quiet and just a real nice temp!
i was over in Feb this year, and it was blooming freezing! didnt even attempt the pool!
Channel tunnel mate. two overnight stops booked on way down ( Limoges & Barcelona) ultimate destination little village not far from Lorca. went last year mid August it was fookin hot then , spent most of it in the pool :) Love the drive, always do little detours to have a look see whats about, last year went to Oradour Sur Glane on way down and the Gorges Du Tarn on way back :)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
seriously considering getting a bonnet bra
How many more times? Bra's should contain warm female flesh , as in -
imagesCASQ3YIE_zps95f17839.jpg

or maybe you could try these....
imagesCAW0RX4Z_zpsc3627923.jpg

:D

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Priced up s3 fmic and injectors from tps! Why didn't i think of getting the upgrade parts from them sooner?!

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Would like a low milage Cupra, cant afford to insure the r though seems to be about 1.5k more to insure.
How much should I be looking to spend for one in good condition dont mind pfl or fl budget being around 9/10k

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
£10k will buy you a low mileage 58 plate maybe an 09
Have a look around because when I traded my 10 plate R in I struggled for money.
Trade was £11.5k!!!!
Most places offered £12k I eventually haggled £13k but the money would be on the car I was buying.
There will be plenty bargains around especially with fuel prices the way they are.

Deleted member 74601

Fitted new pedals. Those clips are more difficult than they need to be, I pretty much butchered the ones on my original pedal :D

It'll still fit if I need to go back though.

wjohnson

Dec 17, 2008
+1 would also be interested to know!

I've heard you need a separate DAB antenna?

It was easy to fit (Apart from a few little things...)

1) Yes it does need an external antenna...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-HAL-1...9?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3f1efc7d1d

This is what I used and it sits vertically in the windscreen. It's basically invisible from the inside.. (THIS WAS A BUGGAR TO ROUTE UNDER THE PILLARS AND TRIM!!!) :(

2) SD Card slot. Had to remove quite a bit of plastic to get the thing to go all the way back. Dremel realllllly is needed for this (I don't think I could have done it without it!)

3) Quadlock loom - It's such a tight fit at the back that I found the loom for the quadlock was stopping me from pushing the radio all the way back.

APART from these though it was a doddle! I also get a nice SEAT Media 3.0 Welcome screen which looks rather neat.

Absolutely Thrilled with the unit :)

Cost me £200 off the bay!