What did you and your MK2 do today?

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Can you give us an idea on cost for all this, I am interested to do some upgrades for the FR but don't really know where to start and have to find someone here in Ireland to do the job.

I also have an FR, so far i have a Neuspeed intake (190 quid) and a revo stage 1, £450.

a milltek, is approx £1000! Although, a downpipe is all thats required to go over stage 2, approx £300.

and the fuel pump is £800 (iirc?)

with the FR, you will want to upgrade atleast to the S3 cooler, which is approx £250 new + £100 for the hoses.

Whilst its easier to get a Cupra / Cupra R - a map will see over 300hp alone, i quite like the styling of the FR and the fact that 99% of my friends think its a diesal... i plan on getting a downpipe this year and go stage 2, till next year where i will think think about the fuel pump and fmic for stg2+.

advisable at stg2 and above to start sorting out your drive and supension, obviously good tyres are a good start! and you will be looking at sharpening those brakes too.

Engine and transmission mounts, and lower arm bushes will be your first place to look imo.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Last lot of parts will be sent out on monday, can't believe i sold it all and so quickly. Actually tell a lie, the induction kit and brakes haven't gone yet ( strange because I thought 345mm the brakes would be popular), but still a mountain of parts! The post office woman has been my best friend for the last week !
The Leon has gone today and my uncle also passed away so its been a very painful day, such a shame he couldn't see the new meggy because he was also a car enthusiast. RIP uncle Graham, you will never be forgotten x

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Last lot of parts will be sent out on monday, can't believe i sold it all and so quickly. Actually tell a lie, the induction kit and brakes haven't gone yet ( strange because I thought 345mm the brakes would be popular), but still a mountain of parts! The post office woman has been my best friend for the last week !
The Leon has gone today and my uncle also passed away so its been a very painful day, such a shame he couldn't see the new meggy because he was also a car enthusiast. RIP uncle Graham, you will never be forgotten x

Deepest sympathies.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Goodyears fitted and full laser alignment

Also exhaust tip fitted and cleaned inside and out

De badged LEON because the N was loose! Tardis used to clean up the tailgate

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford

Sorry for your loss mate....hope your ok

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester

Sorry to hear about your loss mate

deepest sympathies to you and yours

fezza

Feb 3, 2013
De wipered mine tonight took me over a hour of swearing just to get the blade off terrible iphone pic couldn't really be bothered getting the proper camera out

DD66747D-13FB-4307-BE1B-DD2CDCB850AE-480-000000573A648FBC_zps61261a01.jpg

Last edited:

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Here you go now lads. Used Photoshop touch app to edit, great app!
Chrome S badge in the post so it'll match better, them I'm gonna respray the black S badge because it's peeling a lil bit
Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

Last edited:

fezza

Feb 3, 2013
ill be doing the above to mine when my plastidip arrives aswell as the chrome surrond on the front grille

CJcupra

Jan 11, 2013
Surrey
Had my Mk2 lowered on H&R springs yesterday and spent today getting it tracked / aligned. Was way out at the back. Must say, it sits perfect now, very subtle but mean look!

fezza

Feb 3, 2013
How did you go about debadging dude...im thinking of doing mine

use boiling water from a kettle and to soften the glue and then use an old bank card to take the letters off and then a bit of tar and glue to get the residue off

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Did you put yours on? If so what results dude

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Mine did go on yes :) Apparently Awesome's torque figures are around 20% optimistic (someone else may be able to confirm), so mine achieved around 129bhp and 148lb-ft (after taking off the extra 20%).

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.