What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The alarm stopped working for a week or 2...and suddenly started working again!? (weird Can system!)

I had chirp enabled but the chirp stopped randomly but now randomly back :D Happy days!

It clearly just needed a break lol

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
had the car about 3 weeks and havent even had a chance to polish/wax it, hard for an ocd clean freak, hoping its not lashing down or snowing this weekend so i can give it some tlc with my new dodojuice supernatural hybrid

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
had the car about 3 weeks and havent even had a chance to polish/wax it, hard for an ocd clean freak, hoping its not lashing down or snowing this weekend so i can get it some tlc with my new dodojuice supernatural hybrid

In the midlands we are supposedly getting another 9cm of snow tonight then rain all weekend.... Bad times!

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
ffs! there is one of them "superstore" tescos nearby with a big underground carpark and great lighting, i may get desperate and go down the back where its empty and give her a quick wax to get my "detail fix" lol!
had to go down before with the civic before a show as there was a really "misty breeze"!? that had the polish smearing doing it in my driveway

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Even though its my birthday I think my car has had more of a treat!

Remap is back on!
Alloys wheels powder coated
New SEAT oval exhaust trim

a7ezy4er.jpg

geryzume.jpg

uvyduja9.jpg

agetuqu4.jpg

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Even though its my birthday I think my car has had more of a treat!

Remap is back on!
Alloys wheels powder coated
New SEAT oval exhaust trim

a7ezy4er.jpg

geryzume.jpg

uvyduja9.jpg

agetuqu4.jpg

Nice choice of tyre too. About time you got rid of that nasty pig snout exhaust :D

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Nice choice of tyre too. About time you got rid of that nasty pig snout exhaust :D

Ahh I see, now I'm getting rid of it you let your real thoughts known haha!

Hopefully fit that later, no idea when the wheels will go on as I have my winters on and think they're needed at the minute!

nerayan

Nerayan
Apr 8, 2010
Portsmouth
Yep, black/dark grey BBS CH's only caught a quick look as we were both navigating around the mini roundabout but going in opposite directions.. Looks like you've got a doppelganger :)

Lol. Looks like it. Do you work in cosham? Because ports down hill would be a super place for a meet. During warmer weather of course.:thumbup:

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Well I hope this snow doesn't ruin my plans tomorrow! Going to the vauxhall ( sorry) garage to price up a new Astra vxr ! I know they are not for everyone but they are amazing, I would buy one for the seats alone
I have been onto my insurance company today and the quote was ridiculously cheap considering its a group 35 insurance too, so full steam ahead

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Well I hope this snow doesn't ruin my plans tomorrow! Going to the vauxhall ( sorry) garage to price up a new Astra vxr ! I know they are not for everyone but they are amazing, I would buy one for the seats alone
I have been onto my insurance company today and the quote was ridiculously cheap considering its a group 35 insurance too, so full steam ahead

I hope the snow does ruin your plans lol. Cant believe your changing your Beautiful car for a VXR! Don't get me wrong I Love VXR's but your car is pure amazing!

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
I hope the snow does ruin your plans lol. Cant believe your changing your Beautiful car for a VXR! Don't get me wrong I Love VXR's but your car is pure amazing!

:lol: don't worry they are definitely ruined ! The Leon is a nice car but the new vxr is just brutal, one went past me and it looked stunning, especially in the blue. I have test drove the Megane Rs too and that was superb to drive, but I couldn't live with that awful interior. Seat better hurry up with the new Cupra otherwise I can see myself in a vxr

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
:lol: don't worry they are definitely ruined ! The Leon is a nice car but the new vxr is just brutal, one went past me and it looked stunning, especially in the blue. I have test drove the Megane Rs too and that was superb to drive, but I couldn't live with that awful interior. Seat better hurry up with the new Cupra otherwise I can see myself in a vxr

GOOD! Yeah, I do love VXR's was going to sell my FR when insurance is up and get one but because I'm only 20 insurance is mad! + There not that reliable, I'm sure a brand new one would be though.. Arden Blue is stunning, would be my choice :D

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
GOOD! Yeah, I do love VXR's was going to sell my FR when insurance is up and get one but because I'm only 20 insurance is mad! + There not that reliable, I'm sure a brand new one would be though.. Arden Blue is stunning, would be my choice :D

Yeah I turned 20 a couple weeks ago and insurance is just about getting reasonable now I have been driving 3 years plus 3 years NCB. I have been quoted 1500 on my own policy ( parents named) for the vxr and the Leon insurance is around that anyway. I hated the old vxr but the new one is something else. Then again I haven't driven one yet so I still might not like it :) shame there is no DSG style gearbox though, that is the best thing about my car and I won't have another car with a clutch again unless it is something very very special.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Yeah I turned 20 a couple weeks ago and insurance is just about getting reasonable now I have been driving 3 years plus 3 years NCB. I have been quoted 1500 on my own policy ( parents named) for the vxr and the Leon insurance is around that anyway. I hated the old vxr but the new one is something else. Then again I haven't driven one yet so I still might not like it :) shame there is no DSG style gearbox though, that is the best thing about my car and I won't have another car with a clutch again unless it is something very very special.

I Just turned 20 today lol, £1500's awesome! Insurance on my FR was £2800 (Its only a TDI), Bloody rip off. Though ill be on 3years no claims when my next insurance is up, Better be much cheaper!
I Love all the astra Vxr's look so mean! Im yet to try DSG, might go test drive a cupra to see what its like :p