installing a head unit.

sm_cupra

Sep 23, 2009
West London
hi there mate i was wondering how much do you charge for the fitment of a headunit in the ibiza mk3 in the casette stereo section? ive attempted it myself but got nowhere as theres a huge microwave shaped cassette player thing right behind my cut out for my headunit lol?

dannibob

Hey, im new here and need some help.

I know this thread is old but ive just been reading it and am intrested in getting my headunit installed in my car. Just wondered if Hooch still does it?

Any help is appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Hey, im new here and need some help.

I know this thread is old but ive just been reading it and am intrested in getting my headunit installed in my car. Just wondered if Hooch still does it?

Any help is appreciated :)

no i dont think he does, i know that OJ does em, do a search dude it isnt to hard to do TBH. :whistle:

dannibob

Ahh right ok thanks :D ive been trying to purdsuade my boyfriend to have a go but we are afraid of mucking things up, spent so much on the car already...but its worth it to see the looks when they see a girl driving haha. Thanks again :)

NRM 90

Mar 3, 2010
I saw this one today

14.jpg

looks great imo.

I'm loving the screen down the bottom

YES!!! I was thinking about doing this;)

dannibob

Yehh that one looks good :)
We cant decide wether to do this, put it where the top air vents are on the dash board or take the tape player out and re wire it all up....just need someone that knows what they are doing really. I cant send a message to OJ for some reason though :( Just sick to death of the standard radio :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I liked mine just fine, was a bit of work but the effort was worth it.

Stereo003-1.jpg

Here's a pic so you can see where I cut the slot better

Fascia001-1.jpg

To stop the radio from switching itself on do this to the main board

Bridged.jpg

Also it's not clear in the pdf but one of the boards at least needs soldered on both sides and also use a decent length of wire between them. It means you can set all the clock etc then tuck the middle board with the buttons between the HU and the main box to get it out of the way.

Fascia002.jpg

Finally this is another spot people fit them in the Mk3

stereo001.jpg

Just take a live and negative and extend the speaker wires

Last edited:

dannibob

YESSS that top one is what i want to do but i dont trust myself to do that kind of work lol :happy:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I've seen LHD Ibizas that didn't have climate control come with a single DIN radio slot.

SEAT_Ibiza_Mk2_fl_interior.JPG

To my knowledge I've never seen a UK mk3 without the LCD screen, even those without climate control still have the LCD just without the auto button!

But it might be worth looking into, if it could be acquired and butchered to make something like the one posted below.
Not sure if the fasical is actually different between LHD and RHD, or if it its the same fascia just always angled at the driver.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Dave at seres can get that foreign fascia but you'd need the manual heater box from the Mk2 or polo I think, I'm fairly sure it's a manual thing. I looked into it at the time but obviously have forgotten what I learnt lol.
They only got the fascia like ours in the sport model.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise