installing a head unit.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
not for a while i think. Think ive had my day with bling sound systems, prefer engine notes now. But i think in time, once the hybrid is done, god knows when, i;ll try and get round to it!

ps... i want my brembos.... yesterday!

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
ok ok ok OLD MAN:p

only playing. know what you mean but im fed up of wasting cd's every day! i miss my old one where i could plug my ipod in and it was a good stereo. unlike this crap lol

oh and bring on the brembos!!!!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Yeh i know, im still on standard speakers and they are cack! Most i will do to it would be a good set of component speakers and a good set of 6x9's. A sub will only add weight and make the beast slower.... and we cant have that can we!

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
I saw this one today

14.jpg

looks great imo.

I'm loving the screen down the bottom

antnee

Nice!

Could mount the faceplate remotely and hinge it at the bottom of the centre console and put the unit in the glovebox

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
It does look good apart from that gap in the middle, looks like all sorts would drop out of there. Saying that, the current kubby hole is cack, anything you put in there always falls out when you accelerate hard, and gets lost in between the seats [:@]

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
just get hooch to do this for you great job if you ask me not to keen on the screen down in the cubby whole looks more work than necessary!!

Photo0051.jpg

Photo0053.jpg

Photo0052.jpg

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
I am part way through fitting my HU in my Glovebox.

I have cut a din size hole in the back of the glovebox (as near to the top as poss)

I have ran 3 RCA's and remote cable down the passenger kick panel and to the boot. I have Tee's off the Perm Live, Ign Live and Earth from the back of the origional HU and left all the blocks plugged in the back.

I have ran Speaker cable down the centre of the car splitting at the centre console and going under the dash to each door (Components). These will be powered by an amp. Parcel Shelf Speakers also powered by the amp.

In the glovebox I had to buy an Alpine HU as 'most' of them have the RCA inputs on the rear right (as you look at it) as there is limited space behind the unit when fitted as i want to be able to close the Glovebox and hide it all away so it needs to go back as far as possible.

I will be uploading pics when I have tarted up the glovebox a bit and trimmed a few parts.

Hooch's installs are very good and very tricky to do. I have been told you lose the facility of the on board computer though dont you? I know he moves some of the buttons into the dash to change time and date etc....

Last edited:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
yeah the one I posted up is a lot of work.

Its all custom. I personally wouldn't have the big storage gap either, or atleast would have made it look slightly better, but the screen in the bottom does look neat. Something different too.

antnee

Double din screen! :D

If I get bored anytime soon I may look at remotely mounting a face bit