Speedo

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
even if you have seen it buzz, you didnt really think that your car was going above 140 do you? its physically impossible. People are cruel especially when there being funny but if i came on here saying that my 0-60 was 4 seconds and stood by my comment, i would expect to recieve a whole shed load of abuse about my new diesel dragster lol youve just gotta except it

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I only said one thing and everyone makes a big deal. I was only saying what I have seen.

It's not what you said it is the way you said then it just spiralled out of control, just bathe in the notoriety and the fact you are an internet legend!!!!

I hold my hands up to taking the pee but the material was gold dust not just from yourself, although that does not mean I won't give you an honest opinion or straight answer. If I had said my FR will hit 180 as I have seen it on my speedo then I would expect the same ribbing on here for being faster than a Cupra R..........

PS Get some pics up proving your point and with your notoriety get some "Buzz Off" stickers for your car!!!

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Well I would like to point out. My cupra standard says its restricted to 155mph but i have had it past that just tickling the 160mph mark so thats standard. My mate has a vxr astra pushing short off 500bhp before you laugh and call me a ****** which is just rude in my view as yeah he may not be telling the truth but I do not see why he would lie as he is going to gain nothing from it. and plus this is a respectable site so there is no need to treat a fellow member all words under the sun. As I was saying my mates astra is pushing out just under 500bhp he needed a custom speedo so he could see how fast he was going and for your non believers check out vxronline and look up sandyvxr. So can we please not just help the lad out who cares how fast he goes all he wants is some advice on getting a new speedo. And as him I am based in Germany with the Army so I take my Cupra to the top end the moment I hit the AutoBahn there is no crime in that.

Aaron*

May 6, 2011
Lanarkshire
You're mate has a 500bhp astra?? I'd be a bit pissed of if it never went 150mph lol

You're missing the point, mr light year is claiming has car can go
To Infinity and beyond on some simple mods and needs a speedo capable of registering miracles lol

This thread is a laugh

( no offence buzzy boy lol )

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I will continue the banter........

FRbuzz.jpg

review to follow.......

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
SEAT Leon Buzz FR review 23/09/2011

Amongst the myriad details in Buzz’s press pack for the new SEAT Leon Buzz FR is a section listing the Buzz FR's competitors. Astra VXR, Focus RS and Mégane RS are all there but too slow too keep pace with the Buzz FR, but there is one very noticeable omission, the sort of absence so glaringly obvious that it might as well have been included and then crossed out with a bright yellow highlighter.

The Leon is bought by a younger, more daring person maybe even stupid compared to the standard Leon FR and Cupra’s more mature (and more affluent) purchaser

Why no Golf GTI? Why wouldn't you want to highlight the fact that you have produced a car with a better engine and same fundamental chassis as the class leader, yet with more adventurous looks and a 10K saving? So I asked Buzz the question, and apparently the Leon Buzz FR and the Golf GTI 'don't really compete, the Buzz FR is so much faster so much more edgy'. To which I could only really reply with a still rather puzzled 'Ah'.

Now, obviously the comment was coloured by Buzz’s creative thinking born out of being a true Yorkshire man in the same vain as Fred Dinbah, but apparently it's also because the Leon is bought by a younger, more dangerous person than the Golf's more mature (and more affluent) purchaser.

The Leon's Buzz FR’s looks are undeniably more exciting. The clever use of cream bathroom carpet on the rear valance go well with the dark grey paintwork, this alone automatically give this Leon an advantage, making it look faster than its five-door rivals. The bodywork has then been bolstered by the addition of 16” Bicycle wheels off of Buzz’s 10 year old road bike; it certainly looks a more flamboyant prospect than most hot hatches. Only a Green Focus RS gets close.

The interior lacks the detail quality of some of its rivals, making it feel a little cheaper - which it is with a McDonald's Coffee cup replacing the ash tray. However, the sporting ambience is given a leg up by a centrally placed rev-counter and Buzz FR badging on the steering wheel and gearknob. The seating position can be tailored to suit both jockeys and rowers although the blood and skid stain effect cloth is a matter of taste, the speedo is central to the car made twice the size of standard and decorated with dolly mixture to sweeten the appeal it changes from red to green when you hit 140mph.

When the Leon FR was introduced there was a 2.0 TDi model with a lesser engine according to Buzz and sadly not quick enough for Buzz or as good. So Buzz stuck with the 1.9Tdi and added new injectors a turbo and remap to bring the power up to a whopping 200Bhp and for short burst of 0.000000001 sec on over boost a gigantic 2000Bhp.

But the ride which was already surprisingly stiff in its set-up has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous. I have sat on softer rocks the wheels which tend to bend under high speed cornering have no grip at all and Buzz did tell us to stick our hands out the window to aid braking if the car was not slowing down. sSo as we head off up into the hills knowing that the Buzz FR is going to be a bit of a filling-rattler and may well fall off the top the mountain the moment we hit a corner.

There's more roll into corners than an aeroplane banking, so although there's no lateral grip, it lacks some of aggressiveness and instant adjustability of the standard FR. The steering far far too light; even less direct, but with a bigger helping hand with the assistance Buzz made from a couple of elastic bands.

Overall, though, it would seem that Buzz and SEAT aren't competitors after all. The Buzz FR slots in neatly just below the standard FR in both price and ultimate thrill although thrill maybe better placed with scary. Hopefully owners of the 240bhp Leon Cupra will not get blown away by Buzz in his FR Buzz but at least they will be able to stop and go round corners!!!

Last edited:

FR_Flavoured

You're mate has a 500bhp astra?? I'd be a bit pissed of if it never went 150mph lol

I wouldn't trust any 5hit that comes out the mouth of a Vauxhall owner.
My neighbour is a perfect 'role model' - CHAV SCUM.

I've tried to be neutral, but every time he opens his mouth (he confirms it time and time again)......... :censored:

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
2 points.

1) 500bhp is very hard but not impossible to get out of a VXR astra, Stage 3 for instance is around 300bhp only. It would be a very costly exercise.

2) Fred Dibnah is from Lancashire not Yorkshire, ya Derby Scab ;)

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
2 points.

1) 500bhp is very hard but not impossible to get out of a VXR astra, Stage 3 for instance is around 300bhp only. It would be a very costly exercise.

2) Fred Dibnah is from Lancashire not Yorkshire, ya Derby Scab ;)

Oh yeah opps Lancashire, Yorkshire all the same :D

Ain't no Derby Scab worse I am a Nott's lad ya know Robin Hood men in tights, world best city, best footy team ever ect ect :p

FR_Flavoured

Ain't no Derby Scab worse I am a Nott's lad ya know Robin Hood men in tights, world best city, best footy team ever ect ect :p

Is the female to male population in Notts still 3 girls to 1 guy, or is that an old wives tale?
Or those numbers are only due to the fact, its Notts where "men in tights" originates from, so whoever counted, did their sums wrong :)

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Is the female to male population in Notts still 3 girls to 1 guy, or is that an old wives tale?
Or those numbers are only due to the fact, its Notts where "men in tights" originates from, so whoever counted, did their sums wrong :)

Old wives tale was down to some census years ago, it was more like 3 Moose's to one Female on a Saturday night!!

I still reckon they counted wrong it was me and my mates in tights :wtf:

isnt it better to be a scab right now, something about losing even though they had ten men and no keeper for 90mins??? :D

Forest are doing pretty bad think they should try Rugby may have a chance of winning then :blink:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise