Speedo

Sep 19, 2010
Glasgow
LOL! these 1.9 tdi's must be a wolf in sheeps clothing Buzz..i hope i don't cross swords with one may show me up!

But tbh Buzz i think u've been buzzing glue!

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
got this today can't wait to fit it :)

speedo.jpg

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
got this today can't wait to fit it :)

speedo.jpg

Lmao. This thread has been unreal. Big thanks to buzz and his f**king idiotic comments. And thanks to everyone for their input.

I heard that since this thread was started, sales of the Leon with the 1.9tdi engine have SOARED!!! could this be a coincide ;)!?!? Buzz has started a new trend, I think he deserves a medal

toaophil

Nov 24, 2009
The only thing that jumps to my head is:

Next time you do supposedly do 140mph in a 1.9 - be prepared for something to break.....

red lines are red for a reason!

toaophil

Nov 24, 2009
I watched Fire Force do 269mph in 5.9 Secs on Saturday at Santa Pod.

Perhaps they could take some tips from the 1.9tdi owners?

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
SEAT’s successful mission to buck the prevailing trend in the UK’s flat-lining car market takes another huge leap forward this month with the showroom launch of a brand new, high-value high speed trim level based on the hardy 1.9Tdi.

The debut in SEAT dealerships nationwide of the Spanish car maker’s luxurious new Leon Buzz models, allied to a major marketing campaign across the UK’s press, web, TV and radio waves, comes as welcome news to UK car buyers keen to wring every ounce of speed out of their next purchase.

Buzz – the Spanish word for ‘****’ and pronounced ‘absolute ****’ (as in male genitalia) – sees a raft of high-value and desirable items of spec’ crammed into best-selling versions of SEAT’s most popular model.

Best of all for would-be SEAT buyers, though, is the news that these important upgrades arrive with a blow up guarantee – meaning that, in some cases 10 miles down the road and your car will smoke like a steam engine and require a new engine. Buzz said "this adds to the thrill as I spent 5 minutes developing this my inspiration came from wacky races"

It builds on the already generous SE spec by adding the following:
• 16” ‘Buzz’ alloy wheels
• Speedo that goes to 160mph with the all-important Buzz logo
• Signed Buzz plaque to show it is a limited edition
• No warranty as the car will either blow up or the driver will die
• Buzz Leather steering wheel and knob
• "I will crush you logo"
• Bespoke Buzz Upholstery including simulated skid stains.

Last edited:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
SEAT’s successful mission to buck the prevailing trend in the UK’s flat-lining car market takes another huge leap forward this month with the showroom launch of a brand new, high-value high speed trim level based on the hardy 1.9Tdi.

The debut in SEAT dealerships nationwide of the Spanish car maker’s luxurious new Leon Buzz models, allied to a major marketing campaign across the UK’s press, web, TV and radio waves, comes as welcome news to UK car buyers keen to wring every ounce of speed out of their next purchase.

Buzz – the Spanish word for ‘****’ and pronounced ‘absolute ****’ (as in male genitalia) – sees a raft of high-value and desirable items of spec’ crammed into best-selling versions of SEAT’s most popular model.

Best of all for would-be SEAT buyers, though, is the news that these important upgrades arrive with a blow up guarantee – meaning that, in some cases 10 miles down the road and your car will smoke like a steam engine and require a new engine. Buzz said "this adds to the thrill as I spent 5 minutes developing this my inspiration came from wacky races"

It builds on the already generous SE spec by adding the following:
• 16” ‘Buzz’ alloy wheels
• Speedo that goes to 160mph with the all-important Buzz logo
• Signed Buzz plaque to show it is a limited edition
• No warranty as the car will either blow up or the driver will die
• Buzz Leather steering wheel and knob
• "I will crush you logo"
• Bespoke Buzz Upholstery including simulated skid stains.

aaaaahaahahahahaha ****ing hell man!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I especially like the "I will crush you logo" lmao

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Seat Leon 1.9 TDI Buzz FIRST DRIVE
Test date Tuesday, September 06, 2011 Price as tested £14,790, Trade in value 50p

The Leon Buzz manages impressive standard spec for such a fast car.

What is it?
David Cameron might be out of kilter with the rest of us - he’s just pulled a shocking handbrake turn on plans to let high speed cars like this Leon Buzz go as fast as they like - but European manufacturers are still striving to get faster, models that won’t go bang onto the market. Ultra-fast models are good for our willy waving ability and brand image.

This Leon is Seat’s second high performance model since the Cupra R launched last year, and it follows a familiar performance formula. Starting with the basic 1.9-litre diesel Leon (with its 139g/km CO2 emissions and 45mpg average) Buzz’s engineers optimised the ECU and adjusted the gear ratios to make third, fourth and fifth gear shorter.

That added 7g/km CO2 and 35mph. Next they reduced weight by getting Buzz to go on a diet and fitting lighter steel wheels from a Scooter rather than alloys. Another 5mph added. Lastly folded the rear seats flat to improve speed and handling.

That leaves Leon Buzz as the cheapest 140mph company car and more engine trouble than a Austin Maxi. Initially we scoffed at that the speed figure, but then managed an impressive real-world 130mph on our test drive, and the Buzz's hardly a stripped out model, it's still got air-conditioning, electric windows and a six-speaker stereo.

It’s also faster than the standard 104bhp Leon - managing 0-62mph in 3.5 seconds rather than 11 - because it’s lighter after Buzz’s diet.The downside is the way it drives. Shorter gears mean the Buzz delivers power smoothly but unenthusiastically and it’s now unhappy to settle into fifth at speeds below 160mph. Pitch up to a corner quickly and the small scooter tyres struggle for grip, too. But the Leon Buzz has optional airbrakes and stabilisers to aid handling and stopping.

Then there’s the price - around £14,500 – a £1000 premium over the similarly equipped, 1.9-litre diesel Leon Reference that lest be honest won’t blow up and you may live to drive another day.

Should I buy one?
You'd have to be mad to buy a car that potentially will blow up and leave you dead after a few miles at 140mph. Residual value is very poor as it will be worthless after a few miles at the high speeds the Leon Buzz can attain. Die hard speed freaks may still be tempted the thought of the grim reaper too hard to resist.

Willy Speedwell

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Seat Leon 1.9 TDI Buzz FIRST DRIVE
Test date Tuesday, September 06, 2011 Price as tested £14,790, Trade in value 50p

The Leon Buzz manages impressive standard spec for such a fast car.

What is it?
David Cameron might be out of kilter with the rest of us - he’s just pulled a shocking handbrake turn on plans to let high speed cars like this Leon Buzz go as fast as they like - but European manufacturers are still striving to get faster, models that won’t go bang onto the market. Ultra-fast models are good for our willy waving ability and brand image.

This Leon is Seat’s second high performance model since the Cupra R launched last year, and it follows a familiar performance formula. Starting with the basic 1.9-litre diesel Leon (with its 139g/km CO2 emissions and 45mpg average) Buzz’s engineers optimised the ECU and adjusted the gear ratios to make third, fourth and fifth gear shorter.

That added 7g/km CO2 and 35mph. Next they reduced weight by getting Buzz to go on a diet and fitting lighter steel wheels from a Scooter rather than alloys. Another 5mph added. Lastly folded the rear seats flat to improve speed and handling.

That leaves Leon Buzz as the cheapest 140mph company car and more engine trouble than a Austin Maxi. Initially we scoffed at that the speed figure, but then managed an impressive real-world 130mph on our test drive, and the Buzz's hardly a stripped out model, it's still got air-conditioning, electric windows and a six-speaker stereo.

It’s also faster than the standard 104bhp Leon - managing 0-62mph in 3.5 seconds rather than 11 - because it’s lighter after Buzz’s diet.The downside is the way it drives. Shorter gears mean the Buzz delivers power smoothly but unenthusiastically and it’s now unhappy to settle into fifth at speeds below 160mph. Pitch up to a corner quickly and the small scooter tyres struggle for grip, too. But the Leon Buzz has optional airbrakes and stabilisers to aid handling and stopping.

Then there’s the price - around £14,500 – a £1000 premium over the similarly equipped, 1.9-litre diesel Leon Reference that lest be honest won’t blow up and you may live to drive another day.

Should I buy one?
You'd have to be mad to buy a car that potentially will blow up and leave you dead after a few miles at 140mph. Residual value is very poor as it will be worthless after a few miles at the high speeds the Leon Buzz can attain. Die hard speed freaks may still be tempted the thought of the grim reaper too hard to resist.

Willy Speedwell

lmao piss off, I'm going to pee myself :cry:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
seat leon 1.9 tdi buzz first drive
test date tuesday, september 06, 2011 price as tested £14,790, trade in value 50p

the leon buzz manages impressive standard spec for such a fast car.

what is it?
david cameron might be out of kilter with the rest of us - he’s just pulled a shocking handbrake turn on plans to let high speed cars like this leon buzz go as fast as they like - but european manufacturers are still striving to get faster, models that won’t go bang onto the market. Ultra-fast models are good for our willy waving ability and brand image.

This leon is seat’s second high performance model since the cupra r launched last year, and it follows a familiar performance formula. Starting with the basic 1.9-litre diesel leon (with its 139g/km co2 emissions and 45mpg average) buzz’s engineers optimised the ecu and adjusted the gear ratios to make third, fourth and fifth gear shorter.

That added 7g/km co2 and 35mph. Next they reduced weight by getting buzz to go on a diet and fitting lighter steel wheels from a scooter rather than alloys. Another 5mph added. Lastly folded the rear seats flat to improve speed and handling.

That leaves leon buzz as the cheapest 140mph company car and more engine trouble than a austin maxi. Initially we scoffed at that the speed figure, but then managed an impressive real-world 130mph on our test drive, and the buzz's hardly a stripped out model, it's still got air-conditioning, electric windows and a six-speaker stereo.

It’s also faster than the standard 104bhp leon - managing 0-62mph in 3.5 seconds rather than 11 - because it’s lighter after buzz’s diet.the downside is the way it drives. Shorter gears mean the buzz delivers power smoothly but unenthusiastically and it’s now unhappy to settle into fifth at speeds below 160mph. Pitch up to a corner quickly and the small scooter tyres struggle for grip, too. But the leon buzz has optional airbrakes and stabilisers to aid handling and stopping.

Then there’s the price - around £14,500 – a £1000 premium over the similarly equipped, 1.9-litre diesel leon reference that lest be honest won’t blow up and you may live to drive another day.

should i buy one?
you'd have to be mad to buy a car that potentially will blow up and leave you dead after a few miles at 140mph. Residual value is very poor as it will be worthless after a few miles at the high speeds the leon buzz can attain. Die hard speed freaks may still be tempted the thought of the grim reaper too hard to resist.

Willy speedwell
class!:d

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise