PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I removed the catch tank.

90 degree elbow off the rocker cover down to a t-piece that joins with the oil filter breather then down past the front of the gearbox vented to atmos.

Tidier and more room for the TIP.

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
Thanks for the opinion.

What are you going with or have gone with?
I am saving money for BT setup, i was wanting the GTX3071R but now i am looking for the 2871R.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT28/GT2871R_743347_4.htm

same compressor like the 3071R but with smaller exhuast side for better spooling.

I think the 3071 would be a killer for transaxles/gearbox/clutch, plus i want full boost before 4000rpm...

As for the valvetrain, go for the supertech +1mm valves with titanium retainers and cams (or just the intake one). Your 3071 would love them!

As for the money for the BigPort head (plus the recondition) i would go for an Intake manifold (used or not)

I am sure that you will see massive gains on your setup...

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
I removed the catch tank.

90 degree elbow off the rocker cover down to a t-piece that joins with the oil filter breather then down past the front of the gearbox vented to atmos.

Tidier and more room for the TIP.

Not a great idea... motorbikers are guna start hating on you whilst you chuck sludge all over the road. Couldn't you of hidden the tank somewhere towards the front of the bay?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Not a great idea... motorbikers are guna start hating on you whilst you chuck sludge all over the road. Couldn't you of hidden the tank somewhere towards the front of the bay?

Are you serious? lol.

They got more to worry about with the potholes and general bad road conditions than the small amount of vapour that comes out in the 3000 miles a a year i do.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Interesting - know what you mean Phil.

I've just bought some uber expensive nylon and metal braided nose for my inlet and outlets to the catch tank to make it look nicer which together with some nice OE+ hose finishers made me question if it's worth it

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
My S4 70mm throttle body turned up this morning, just tried it out and it works no problems.

Gonna make an adaptor plate in work and get a custom hose made to reduce from the 83mm down to my 64mm pipework.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I want to get my turbo checked over and possibly repaired, who is the best place to send it to and what sort of prices am I looking at?

Basically due to a bad oil return oil is blowng past the seals and dumping oil into my exhaust and intercooler pipes and inlet on startup and high rpm, high pressure situations basically.

CR Turbos?

Turbo Dynamics?

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Make sure you get a fancy billet wheel fitted to it along with some motorsport bearings. Owens do some good work and so do CR.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Get in touch with Avia autos they use some well known company but I can't remember the name and could think about getting the turbo ceramic coated to??

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Will keep an eye on your choice of head as i am considering getting a largeport head on my LCR but will only be using a GT2871R
I have also been looking at the inlets to suit largeport heads with RH TB fitment and these seem rare and would require a donor mani to cut off runners to add a larger plenum chamber
Good luck

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Did you get my email last night mate?
Yeah i did, wasnt sure my PM got through to you as it was crashing on my phone. Thanks a lot for that.

Phil, after seeing how little was in my catch tank I decided to vent to floor too lol!

As for cylinder head, what power are you looking to achieve or are you looking for more drivability?
More driveability would be nice yeah but more for a peace of mind, the car needs to be revved hard to drive it ideally which is dangerous on standard head parts.

Will keep an eye on your choice of head as i am considering getting a largeport head on my LCR but will only be using a GT2871R
I have also been looking at the inlets to suit largeport heads with RH TB fitment and these seem rare and would require a donor mani to cut off runners to add a larger plenum chamber
Good luck

I will be using a largeport head now, with a transition spacer so i can use my current inlet manifold until i can afford a SEM.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.