REVO Stage1 Leon Cupra R with added Quaife goodness plus more.....

thought it was time for a wee update

finally got my new top mounts fitted a few weeks back, the old ones were totally f*cked
also took the oppourtunity to grease up the threads and do some final adjustments with the height of the car

fronts are wound down as far as they will go while still leaving a bit of thread to play with and the rears are sitting about halfway
measurement from the ground to the arch is 640mm +/- 2mm which is pretty decent if i do say so myself
to go any lower at the front i need to remove the helper springs but that is way too much hastle for me, plus after the car settled down i am very happy with the results
once i've had the car polybushed it will be going for a full 4 wheel alignment

i have also ordered up a universal forge front mount intercooler the same size as the one that comes with the forge big race intercooler kit and a map sensor pipe this week. at the end of the month once my wages are in the car will be off to GI Motorsport in Kilmarnock to have the cooler fitted as they are doing custom pipework for me.
total spend on the kit plus installation is going to come in at around £150 to £200 cheaper than if i had bought the kit, with the added bonus of most of it being hard piped

also have a set of wheels that may be coming off if i can get a deposit down on them, and they are not the lightweight ones i was intending on getting originally but at the price i'm getting them for, the fact they have barely worn in tyres on them and a refurb in the last 9 months i think i've struck gold

watch this space peeps!!

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
There have been a few of the 7.5" alloys that fit the Leon weighed.
OEM LCR alloy 9.5kgs
Prorace 1.2 9.0kgs
OZ Ultraleggera 8.0kgs
Rota 7's in 17" 7.2kgs
LC starfish 17" 10kgs

That's why I haven't spent out on light alloys as its expensive for not a huge amount of gains.
Looking forward to seeing your purchases. TOYS!!!

There have been a few of the 7.5" alloys that fit the Leon weighed

OEM LCR alloy 9.5kgs
Prorace 1.2 9.0kgs
OZ Ultraleggera 8.0kgs
Rota 7's in 17" 7.2kgs
LC starfish 17" 10kgs

Looking forward to seeing your purchases. TOYS!!!

i didn't realise the OEM alloys were as light as that

looks like i've struck double gold then :D

can you guess what wheels it is then :p

100quid deposit is now down on the wheels

full spec of them is as follows:

4 x original cupra r alloys manufactured by Ronal
alloys removed from the car in may 2010 for refurbishment
all 4 alloys free of buckles and refurbished in hyper silver (costing 180quid)
4 x michelin pilot sport exalto2 tyres fitted and balanced (costing just under 600quid)
and have been in a garage and covered up since as the guy didn't want to refit them as we were coming into the winter months

think i've struck gold here :D

he was looking for 900

got them for 800

just seen a set on ebay for 500quid with no tyres and required a refurb aswell, you would be looking at needing to spend between 400-600quid to get tyres and then a refurb done would cost around 150-200quid

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2010
greenock
any idea when us are headin up on sunday mate?? a few of the boys from down this way are goin to another mates in edinburghs the night before so meetin them at forth road bridge i think

any idea when us are headin up on sunday mate?? a few of the boys from down this way are goin to another mates in edinburghs the night before so meetin them at forth road bridge i think

not sure yet mate, gonna text R 20Vvt J later to find out when him and his mate in the stage3 nurburgring are heading up

if the weather is pants i'm not going tho

thats what i thought :)

thought i'd post a few pics up from my wee trip up to loch lomond, excuse the manky car (it was clean when i left lol)

SeansCar.jpg

SeansCar1.jpg

SeansCar2.jpg

SeansCar3.jpg

SeansCar4.jpg

and this one is my favourite :) if she was still clean and all polished up it would've made for a decent reflection shot :( but oh well

SeansCar5.jpg

Last edited:
Love the roads up that way mate think ill get a wee trip to Fort William again this year some good roads and scenery up that way!

i know mate, still couldn't believe my girlfriend had never seen scenery like that in scotland :blink:

Cracking picturs buddy.

looking good mate

Brilliant pictures mate!!

cheers guys, would've been so much better if the car had stayed clean lol

Did you get the new wheels?

24th of march willie, thats the date that my overtime comes through :D just happy the guy took a £100 deposit to hold them til then :)

J20ROBO

Feb 23, 2011
Ayrshire
Bravo so far Bud..

Exactly what a expect of you,
no expenses spared, no corners cut

>>> Well expect fir Cowboy Motorsport Ltd of course:p haha

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members