REVO Stage1 Leon Cupra R with added Quaife goodness plus more.....

J20ROBO

Feb 23, 2011
Ayrshire
i've not cowboy'd anything on this one, and no expense like you said on this one, buy cheap buy twice IMO

A tottaly agree, if a jobs worth doing do it ryt first tym round!

re:"Cowboy Motorsport Ltd"
A thought that was the name ove you and sturts coilover fitting company?!

Why have you ditched revo software?!?

i haven't ditched it yet, still running it. but when i upgrade to stage 2 they are wanting the full price of a stage 2 map instead of just the upgrade charge as i don't have a reciept due to the car having been mapped before i got it. and for me to get any tweeks done on my map i have a 200mile round trip to my nearest revo dealer. i have a jabbasport dealer 10mins up the road from me so would make life a hell of a lot easier if i need any tweeks or have any problems with the software.

Jus seen this thread. Sounds like a minter. How much was ur smf mate? Im thinking of buying 1

i got the SMF with a sachs organic clutch as part of a package from jabbasport so could give you a cost of one on its own. best thing to do is search the net bud.

car is far from a minter, needs tidied up and that damn leak from the door seal fixed lol

Tagsy87

Aug 25, 2008
Central Scotland
nice thread mate liking the black wheels, getting mine done in black and my front mount are next on my list. do GI motorsport just give you a quote for building the pipework for your intercooler?

nice thread mate liking the black wheels, getting mine done in black and my front mount are next on my list. do GI motorsport just give you a quote for building the pipework for your intercooler?

the black wheels are nice but i'm picking up a set of mint original 18" LCR wheels and the black ones will become my winter wheels

i haven't got an actual price for the pipework getting done but he gave a topend estimate of 300quid, he said it should be cheaper than that.

update

driving on the M8 eastbound towards edinburgh this happened to my windscreen

IMG00078-20110226-1748.jpg

checked my blind spot to change lanes and bang!!!! hit a massive pothole :censored:
fone up and reported it, waiting on a claim for getting sent out to get my windscreen excess back.

since the car was feeling a wee bit sorry for herself i decided to give her a little tlc

IMG00080-20110227-1557.jpg

IMG00081-20110227-1557.jpg

IMG00082-20110227-1557.jpg

IMG00079-20110227-1556.jpg

fully washed, dried off, 2 coats of autoglym SRP, coat of HD wax, tyres dressed, door shuts cleaned and engine bay cleaned and plastics dressed, along with the interior getting totally gutted and plastics dressed too

1st time i've done the car for months, the car still had a great shine off it after washing but the paintwork felt like sandpaper so she got the treatment :)

and then today this badboy arrived :D

IMG00087-20110228-1807.jpg

cars going into GI Motorsport in the next week or so to have the intercooler fitted and hardpiped, air con ripped out, new thermostat and new coolant temperature sensor fitted too.

just need to wait til the end of march to collect my original LCR wheels then its time to get it ready for jabbasport stage2. just need funds to purchase a badge5 3" TIP now and its stage2 time :)

Nov 7, 2009
cool :) u will like the fmic. let us no how the ac comes out as i want to do this but have no idea, and btw, ur smf.. does it rev up alot quiker?

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Plans sound good sean ive got a smaller drive belt here for when i remove my air con, did you need to get one aswell? Ive not got round to getting it removed yet! Apparently the kit weighs quite a bit.

Also its looking shiny :p

cool :) u will like the fmic. let us no how the ac comes out as i want to do this but have no idea, and btw, ur smf.. does it rev up alot quiker?

i'm the same, have no idea how to do it so letting GI do it lol.
and to answer your question about the SMF.... oh aye does it like to rev :D

Plans sound good sean ive got a smaller drive belt here for when i remove my air con, did you need to get one aswell? Ive not got round to getting it removed yet! Apparently the kit weighs quite a bit.

Also its looking shiny :p

i haven't got the smaller drive belt yet, think there is one off another model of leon that doesn't run aircon that you can steal lol. aye i've heard it weighs a bit too.

looked shiney yesterday, covered in dust of the roads today :( so i cudn't resist giving it a quick rinse at the jetwash. wish i had my fone with me, the beading of the water on the freshly polished and waxed paintwork was making me moist :lol:

thats me car-less now :(

roll on monday, thats when i get the phone call to tell me if the car is ready to be picked up.

only stumbling block may be the time taken for samco to supply a couple of silicon joiners and trying to find a non-aircon auxilary belt that fits.

i'm sure there is one off a non-aircon model of leon thats a direct fit

well guys thats the fmic fitted, along with a yellow spring for the forge 007p, aircon ripped out, a new thermostat and a new coolant temp sensor.......... and i still have my fogs :D

it was the belt off the non aircon 1.8 non turbo that ended up getting fitted willie ;)

i was cheesing for the whole 10mins i had it back, the car was pulling like a train........ til i blew a small o ring on the side of the block and was pi$$ing coolant everywhere

a 89p o ring :censored:

car will be ready to be picked up today now :D

only got one pic for now that i will post up when i'm home as photobucket is blocked in work :(

GI Motorsport took several pics at different stages during the work for their website & facebook page so once i get my hands on them i'll post them up too

Main reason I did it was to lose a bit of weight, and seeing as I never use it thought, what the hell

Between the aircon radiator, the aircon pump and the pipes there is actually quite a bit of weight in the stuff

Plus I can stick the pump and the radiator up for sale to re-coup some of the cash spent on buying the cooler and getting the pipework all done.

I'm just waiting til payday to see if I have enough £££££ to purchase a badger5 TIP and then its finally time for stage 2

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise