My first log, be gentle with me LOL!!

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Sorry to bring this back to life.

I saw timing pulls on my stage 1 using Iridiums. I don't think the 1.8T like Iridiums :confused:

I am pretty sure my timing pulls were due to a collapsing TIP, but have yet to do a log to confirm it, I don't think the 1.8T likes denso iridiums, but the NGKs should be ok!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Mark, would be surprised if your TIP is collapsing on a non mapped car, also there is no drop in MAF reading to correspond with this supposed TIP collapse.
I use OEM NGK Platinum plugs on my stage 2 LCR with no CF's.
My advise would be to change your fuel to Shells and change your plugs to the above and relog.
CF's on an OEM mapped car points to issues tat need sorted out

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
This is how the CF's feel too.
I would bet the surging is more CF related than TIP collapse.
I've yet to see cast iron proof that this does happen, well apart from Forge's video.
What air intake system are you using and how old/clean is it?

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
This is how the CF's feel too.
I would bet the surging is more CF related than TIP collapse.
I've yet to see cast iron proof that this does happen, well apart from Forge's video.
What air intake system are you using and how old/clean is it?

I was using Pipercross and was getting surging, after the discussions on here that pointed towards aftermarket filters making little difference I opted for a stock Bosch air filter and no more TIP collapse/surging, it is probably just dirty and needed a clean.

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Also another little thing I have just noticed if I have a couple of injector seals letting by in their union with the plenum so will change them and do another run with decent squirt in the tank!