PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
this is the same stage im at with my gt3071 but ive already got a map on it just needs a freshen up as ive only put a bigger turbo on and still running the same injectors, maf, fpr etc im only going to get my mapped tweeked until i sort the head out on my car after dropping a valve last year and i dont want a repeat of that lol

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I got my K&N filter, all wiring and relays and fuses for the fuel pump along with two brackets which Alex @ BDM kindly sent me, all silicone hoses for the TIP and some for the FMIC pipework. Hopefully ill be tackling a lot of it this weekend.

Inlet in wrinkle paint turned out awful, no where near as good as my rocker so ill be doing that tonight. Again.

Pics tonight of the parts im amassing.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Hi Alex, just about to message you! lol.

They were a little bit too small because of the quite thick padding on it, then too big when i remove it, but ive made them work by opening them out so they work like a U bolt.

Thanks tho, really appreciate it.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
On the map side of things. I originally had a map for the gt2860 with 550's at 3 bar with an inline pump. The newer map was for the gt2871 with the 630's at 3 bar with 3 bar map sensor and s4 maf. I have the map on an ecu if you want to try it or you could even buy the ecu with the map on it?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
On the map side of things. I originally had a map for the gt2860 with 550's at 3 bar with an inline pump. The newer map was for the gt2871 with the 630's at 3 bar with 3 bar map sensor and s4 maf. I have the map on an ecu if you want to try it or you could even buy the ecu with the map on it?

3bar map sensor a differnt part then? And S4 housing with Ibiza element?

Im still waiting on Kev to get back to me and Craig @ GotBoost (Revo dealer and a friend) about the map, but as im still building it im in no rush.

Im actually just thinking about using the standard Stage 3 map on a S3 MAF and 550's as ill be running the setup off the WG spring (0.9bar) until i do the head work, at that time ill probably change the map.

Im still not sure whether or not there is a restrictor on the oil feed for this turbo as well, something i need to check, and if not ill make one here in work i think.

Managed to paint my inlet last night successfully using the VHT wrinkle paint to match the rocker cover, looks awesome fair play. Gonna paint the power steering cap in it as well as a few other things i reckon.

Ill take pics of everything tonight.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Pics...

Inlet manifold, slight build up of paint towards the throttle body which you can see at certain angle, but im not professional sprayer so im really happy to how it turned out.

DSC05246.jpg

DSC05245.jpg

DSC05244.jpg

DSC05243.jpg

76mm T-Piece with 32mm connection, it should be 40mm but it doesnt have to seal that well for the TIP side of the DV, ideally id like a complete hard pipe for the TIP but thats further down the road. Cant see a 40mm pipe being clamped onto this causing many problems.
DSC05241.jpg

Forge SuperSize DV and show in position on the MAP pipe off the TB.
DSC05236.jpg

DSC05235.jpg

DSC05231.jpg

DSC05229.jpg

Relay and inline fuse for the Walbro.
DSC05225.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members