No manufacturer offering the right setup for suspension?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Right, little bit of a rant here and the possibility of some answers from someone in the know!

Yes iv searched, iv read, so dont give me that reply :p

Everyone knows that the rear of the ibiza mk4 benefits from a bigger drop than the front to get level. So why havent any manufacturers offered this yet? Its not a big job to put two different springs/shocks into a box?

Im determined not to jump onto the coilover bandwagon, as stated in another thread, i dont do trackdays, i drive to work!

My conclusion at the moment is to purchase the supersport 35mm kit all round springs/shocks and purchase two 50mm springs to add into the rear along with the uprated shocks to get the nice level drop id like. I cant see any downside to this, as the car will be level and running uprated components all round.

The 50mm all round spring/shock kit is too low at the front for me, its not the look im after and theres a large up ramp at work which i think would like to taste my splitter every morning!

Am i chatting bubbles/barking up the wrong tree? Or do i have a point?

Thanks all,

Jimski

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Well you can get the right kit for a leon/mk3 ibiza, but the mk4 just demands a different setup? It wouldnt be perfect for all, just a percentage of the market as always!

Jimski

Deleted member 13581

It might be worth sending a couple e-mails off to the manufacturers Jim.

They might be able to give you 1st dibs on a new kit which offers the different spring drops. Might even trial it on your car, and get discount? :shrug:

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Emails gone to Weitec, Eibach and Koni, i await their response!

......if any!! :p

Jimski

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2008
Wolverhampton
i aaked damien at dpm about this. when my suspension finally gets on (35mm supersport kit), im going to see how well it sits and i may order a 50mm kit and put the rears on.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
got 50mm supersport kit....stance is spot on i feel..but others think its bit low at front...but thats the heavy lump in the bonnet

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I'm running V-Maxx coilovers and the rear of mine sits very low. I still have the adjuster cups in pluss about 15m of threads to go too.

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Dont suppose anyone has pics of the 35mm supersport fitted yet?

I think it might be the only way to go for me!

Jimski

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Unfortunately not i don't think, as I'm sure it's 40mm front 30mm rear.

I want it the other way around!

Jimski

jonboy1066

Feb 28, 2010
Unfortunately not i don't think, as I'm sure it's 40mm front 30mm rear.

I want it the other way around!

Jimski

Oh yeah I see, now I've read the full description....sorry, still a bit blurry eyed after 3 night shifts LOL

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Can anyone suggest/advise on the supersport 35mm all round kit?

Would i see 20mm drop? As the FR is 15mm lower than standard, or the full 35mm?

I think this is probably the right kit for me, just final decisions/opinions

Jimski

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
do you think 50mm will be too low for you jimski? I thought it could be too low but it sits just right for me. I fear you may get the 35mm and think its not low enough?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Yeh 50mm at the front is too low, combined with a splitter and very steep ramp into work. I think the 35mm should be a good compromise for me combined with a rear arb and strut braces.

Might end up buying some lower springs for the rear in the future.

Jimski

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
yep...50mm does drop the front quite low, but have had no scrubbing or problem getting on my drive at home or speed bumps at work.

Will be interested to see how the 35mm kit looks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.