refurbs in case anyone's interested??

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
bit off topic sorry,but any pictures of your S3?is that it in your avatar?

Back off topic - yeah, that's it in the avatar. Some more pics here:

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

Grille2.jpg

DSCF0882.jpg

fresh_creps

May 11, 2007
Bedfordshire
cheers, S3 looks great! it going any lower or you keeping it on the standard suspension?whats the drive like,been thinking bout getting one as a next car. (sorry beezertart for hi-jacking your thread!)

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
It's already lowered - approx 20mm compared to standard (and thats low enough to collect larger speed bumps as I've found out to my cost). Any lower and you'd be hitting everything on the road.

It's chipped to 261bhp and 311lb/ft. It is nice and fast, full leather recaros are a dream to sit in - a 730mile trip to the South of France in a day was no problem. All in all, it's all I want from a car at the mo. I test drove one when they came out new in 99, and then bought one second hand in 2004 (new cars make no sense to me unless they are really special) after I'd paid for the Speedster.

I can't see me selling it in a hurry - unless Audi make an RS3 - 300+ bhp from a 2.5 litre 5 cylinder turbo is currently rumoured!!!! I've had a deposit down since Feb 2005 so hope they do make it! Either that or a Cayman.

Last edited:

Mckellar

Jason, why did you remove the chrome mirrors, they are the daddy!

They are around £500 a pop from Audi aswell.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
I didn't remove them. They were a cost option on the S3 so the previous owner didn't buy them. I think they were standard fit on S4/S6.

TBH I'm glad that they didn't - it is scary how many people have had them stolen. As you say, £500 or so each from Audi as they are solid aluminium. Or about £300 on eBay to pay for some w***ers heroin habit.

seatsid

everythings dearer down here!! i haven't found anywhere ringing around that is less than £50-60 per rim but that is with em being sorted and changed from silver to white. I wouldn't do it for £30 a rim!!!! Even in Birmingham price was same.....I thought £45 was very reasonable for what's gotta be done...maybe i'm deluded??

Found a great little place that only charges me trade prices in Birmingham;)
just had mine done gloss black for £20 per wheel :-o

seatsid

blimey,resurrection of a dead thread! :) 20squid a rim,jeez,was that a colour change only price?

No they stripped and blasted them as well . Also one was quite badly kerbed (missus borrowed the car [:@] ) which they sorted for me. Was a bit worried price was too low but apparently they strip and blast onsite so it costs them less.

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
you got the name and number of this place mate? i went to the rally show and there was a place in burton on trent doing up to 16in alloys for £200 for a set of 4. they sprip em, do any repairs and then powder coat them in any colour and then give you a voucher to have a wheel refurbed as and when your better half kurb`s um. still abit pricey but worth thinking about.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Found a great little place that only charges me trade prices in Birmingham;)
just had mine done gloss black for £20 per wheel :-o

where on earth is this? i'm from brum!
is it near the new National Express depot?
number/address please mate!

seatsid

Yes I went past the new coach station to get there , they just around the corner. I had a look and they dont seem to have a website. cant believe business's don't have website in this day and age ! Their address is :

City Powder Coaters
9 Benacre drive
Fazeley St
Digbeth Birmingham
B55rf
tel - 0121 448 7646

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Yes I went past the new coach station to get there , they just around the corner. I had a look and they dont seem to have a website. cant believe business's don't have website in this day and age ! Their address is :

City Powder Coaters
9 Benacre drive
Fazeley St
Digbeth Birmingham
B55rf
tel - 0121 448 7646

thanks for that mate, much appreciated!
i think i know where it is, as i park around there, but never noticed it until a mate told me there is one around there!

what was the turn around on the wheels?
thanks mate :D

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
yeah ive got some pictures, going to start a readers ride thread over the weekend

and yup lol.. Someone had to do it :)

Someone beat me too it. I had the bike carb idea after seeing a set being put onto a mk2/mk3 polo 1.3 in PVW or Golf+ (Cant remember which one).

Look forward to looking at your readers ride thread. The bike carbs make any difference?

Was it much work to get the bike carbs on?? What did you all need and are you using a different ecu/loom now??

Im really interested now as I may just have to put my idea into action.

Last edited:

seatsid

thanks for that mate, much appreciated!
i think i know where it is, as i park around there, but never noticed it until a mate told me there is one around there!

what was the turn around on the wheels?
thanks mate :D

gave them on monday afternoon picked up 7.30 wednesday morning. Didnt ask if they could do any quicker to be fair.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.