Going from Clio 182 to Ibiza Cupra

DEMONKNIGHT666

Hi all, I'm looking to move from my RenaultSport Clio 182 04 to a Beezer Cupra 1.8T.
I do quite a few miles a month and I've just downgraded from a 57 Civic Type R, the 182 is an awesome little car but really is tiring on my long journeys.
I do like to drive with some verve, I know asking if the Cupra is good is a mute point on here but do you think I am making the correct move.
Anyone moved from a RenaultSport to a Cupra?
I have owned 2x Beezer Sport's Tdi in the past and found the driving position (the major problem with the Clio) to be really comfy for me.
I'm looking at this car;

can't get link to work so;

BLACK
38K MILES
COILOVERS
3 OWNERS
Been overserviced with loads of stamps
£6500 and offered good trade in on my Clio.

My friend owns a Revo garage so first thing will be a remap.
Any opinions please.
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
i used to have the same shape clio as you have not the sport version though but i did plan to get one :no:.
being 6ft 2 i found it so uncomfortable it was fine when i was 6ft but the extra 2 inches made a massive difference i used to get really bad back and knee aches in my old car.
since ive owned my cupra i havent once suffered from either of those problems.

bottom line is buy the cupra you wont regret it.

DEMONKNIGHT666

It says on Revo's website that the Cupra and the FR map to the same 207bhp, how come there starting points are dfferent, 150 and 180?
Are the Clutches the same?
Andy

cupra has a front mounted intercooler and a different map fr has side mounted intercooler.
so it will cost a lot less to get the cupra to stage two 240ish bhp.
the gearboxes are the same so im almost certain they have the same clutch.
there will more than likely be a torque difference between the fr and the cupra after stag.e one remap i would have thought

Last edited:

DEMONKNIGHT666

cupra has a front mounted intercooler and a different map fr has side mounted intercooler.
so it will cost a lot less to get the cupra to stage two 240ish bhp.
the gearboxes are the same so im almost certain they have the same clutch.
there will more than likely be a torque difference between the fr and the cupra after stag.e one remap i would have thought

Thanks, Revo quote the same torque on Stage one for both.
Reason I ask is I have spotted a FR wearing a Cupra Bodykit with a full Cupra interior, is this weird? or dodgy?
The reg show it as a 150bhp FR.
On a 05 with 23k miles it's £5500 where as the Cupra I'm looking at on a 04 with 38k is £6500, which is the better buy?
The 05 Cupra interior on the FR is (better) different to the 04 "real" Cupra, different Steering wheel and gearknob.
Are the brakes the same?
Cheers all.
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
cupra brakes are four pot ap racing brakes and there awesome unfortunitly frs dont have that luxury.
if you like modding cars then get the cupra as with the fr you will only have to uprate the intercooler and brakes anyway where as its money saved or already spent if you get the cupra.

the fr you speak of with the cupra interior sounds like it has the later cupra interior.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
You heard of FR's with Cupra bodykit and interior?

the interiors of the facelift FR and facelift cupra are nearly the same.

you can only really go cupra front bumper on an FR if you have the front mount intercooler as the Cupra front bumper blocks the intake for the side mount intercooler that the FR have.

The raer bumpers are the same on facelifts.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Thanks, Revo quote the same torque on Stage one for both.
Reason I ask is I have spotted a FR wearing a Cupra Bodykit with a full Cupra interior, is this weird? or dodgy?
The reg show it as a 150bhp FR.
Andy

i think the petorl FR are 150 bhp if its a diesel FR with the later BLT engine then they are listed as 130bhp but make 150;)

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
only early frs with the cupra kit.
interior seems pointless to me as there pretty much the same anyway ive not heard of anyone putting cupra interior in an fr.

it would be pointless as they are the same except the seat covers and branding inside

bizzaboy

Cheers all.
Andy

As stated above, the Bodykit on the facelift Mk4 Ibiza Cupra and FR are very similar.
Cosmetically, the FR front bumper has more "rounded" fog light surrounds, whereas on the Cupra they are squarer and the top is horizontal as it blends into the bumper...

Looking at the rear, the Cupra should also have the letters "C U P R A" spaced in the centre of the bootlid, beneath the "S" latch.

Saying that, it is quite common for owners of the Mk4 (non Cupra) to fit the Cupra bumpers, as they look nicer and more sporty. :)

In addition to the mechanical differences, if you view the car, just check over the Registration Document and all will be revealed! :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise