ITG CAI Review (For Leon Cupra Mk2) **NOW WITH VIDEO FOOTAGE**

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Most oil contaimnation on the MAF is from atomised oil coming back up the intake from the turbo rather than from foam filters of CAI. As you say they have to be dripping in retention oil for it to be a filter issue.

Hmm TTS :think: wonder if it would fit on a Leon too. :)

2009auditts.tts0800015500.img.jpg

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
is the ITG coated or dry filter? - edit just read its oiled? :think:

oil or a sticky coating like RamAir/Raid use?

oil will propogate out of the filter over time.. I have used ITG previously.. and they allowed dust thru & subsequent engine damage. (ITG filter socks on a valver)
never using ITG or foam filters again personally. they all allow dust through over time

Last edited:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
oil will propogate out of the filter over time.. I have used ITG previously.. and they allowed dust thru & subsequent engine damage. (ITG filter socks on a valver)
never using ITG or foam filters again personally. they all allow dust through over time

Which version of filter were you using. They run different variants for road and race use. The race use versions have very large pores, whereas the road going versions have a 3 layer foam with very tight density. THey are working on a project to supply cars in a very dusty part of the world and have been passing the test requirements there.

Poverty

This kit could be out in about 4 weeks time and will cost around £300+ vat for k04 cars. KO3 cars will be slightly cheaper.

All info from Andy Jackson at ITG.

Now, who still wants the twintake over this?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
This kit could be out in about 4 weeks time and will cost around £300+ vat for k04 cars. KO3 cars will be slightly cheaper.

All info from Andy Jackson at ITG.

Now, who still wants the twintake over this?

I gave up waiting in the end. I'm sure it would have been a decent product, but after lengthy chats with Carl & Kev at Revo, and the performance their Leon was pushing it made absolute sense to go with a product that my remapping agent could solidly endorse.

I can't tell you, it is mighty. It still surges at 7,200rpm. Got another 100 miles under my belt today and the car was very responsive even though the air temp on the MFA was showing 25 degrees.

I'll try and get some video up at the weekend if I can get the wife to hold the camera straight at the dials.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
was in contact with andy with this product a while back and i am definatly in need of an intake, dont know if i can wait 4 weeks though.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Which version of filter were you using. They run different variants for road and race use. The race use versions have very large pores, whereas the road going versions have a 3 layer foam with very tight density. THey are working on a project to supply cars in a very dusty part of the world and have been passing the test requirements there.

as posted,,., itg filter socks - 2 layer foam
let dust in oiled or not

same on piperx foam filters

I wont touch foam filters myself

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I you can have any hose colour you want.... as long as it's black ;)

It may be worth calling Andy to see if they can do coloured pipes as a cost option. As they aren't made up yet there may be a 'cost option' he can offer!

Feel obliged to keep the engine bay cleaner now I have this, but as the engine cover is off it makes it very hard work. Must look into the TT-S engine cover.

Can't wait to see Audi's faces at the next service. The pipe diameter gives it the capacity to suck wildlife out of the hedgerows, you should hear it. It's unbelievable, and after the gear changes in low gears the DV twitters like a group B rally car (and mine is OEM)!!

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Have you got the standard DV on? or a aftermarket one? get some videos up asap, i am interested in this

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Mine is a 58 cupra, will this one be the revised one? Also what is the difference between the two?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.