Maximum BHP for pd100

ballenapene

160bhp is not achievable whilst keeping the 100PD reliable.

heres a graph

it was at 156 bhp from just a stage 1 map

and then got to 158 with magnex exhaust

MK4Ibiza100PD_AJP.jpg

Hello sport rider, I thought I would point out the possible issues with your power of your car.

As I agree with P-Torque on this one, I know 158bhp isnt 160bhp, but whats 2bhp between friends. P-Torque are saying its not achievable on the 1/2 page of this thread to get 160bhp (which you have) and keep it reliable. As much as id love that power, id prefer it safe at around 140bhp like Awesome GTi's PD100 that Sarah has.

If I was you, id take it back to who ever mapped it and kick off as who/what ever has mapped that needs to be told its stupid as a well known tuner P-Torque and myself both agree thats dangerous amounts of bhp from a remap.

Why dont you take it to P-Torque to get a proper map done that will be reliable?

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
Hello sport rider, I thought I would point out the possible issues with your power of your car.

As I agree with P-Torque on this one, I know 158bhp isnt 160bhp, but whats 2bhp between friends. P-Torque are saying its not achievable on the 1/2 page of this thread to get 160bhp (which you have) and keep it reliable. As much as id love that power, id prefer it safe at around 140bhp like Awesome GTi's PD100 that Sarah has.

If I was you, id take it back to who ever mapped it and kick off as who/what ever has mapped that needs to be told its stupid as a well known tuner P-Torque and myself both agree thats dangerous amounts of bhp from a remap.

Why dont you take it to P-Torque to get a proper map done that will be reliable?

there shouldnt be a problem with the power atal as my car stocked at 123 so the 34-35bhp extra should not affect the run of the car

ballenapene

there shouldnt be a problem with the power atal as my car stocked at 123 so the 34-35bhp extra should not affect the run of the car

Thats like saying a glass 2/4 of water that has a 1/4 more added has the same amount of water as the same glass with only 1/4 filled, and again 1/4 more added.

It isnt.

ballenapene

Best person to speak to is Will from P-TORQUE:)

Agreed if you look back on page 1 or 2, you will see him agreeing (as per my quote!) that 160bhp will blow stuff up sooner or later. Id imagine on a brand new motor, it wont happen over night, but perhaps a few 10k's down the line.

These turbo's are meant to last YEARS and 100k+ not a few k!

I used P-Torque quote as they are a well known mapper on this forum (if no others I use) and even they say 160bhp will kill things.

evoy2k2

May 30, 2007
Wolverhampton!
Can anyone clear up what the PD100 clutch can take then to save any arguments?

I suppose if Sportrider hasn't yet experienced, and is happy with the risk of getting clutch problems with his 160bhp then that's up to him...

I did mention to Will about clutch issues regarding my re-map and he clarified that it'll be ok and i'll be in no need to get an up graded clutch. I take his word as he know's what goin on:)

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
As i posted, these are the accurate numbers from vehicle developer, 250Nm plus 10percent for 5gear and 350Nm plus 10 percent. There are the stock rated numbers for safe 200.000km on road, tested and approved.
Even a new clutch will start slipping immediatly when running 300Nm with MQ250. This will only happen Wien you have REAL 300Nm, not wannabe wish 300Nm...

Greets, Alex

ian_cupra

250 NM is 184.37 lb/ft

300 NM is 221.24 lb/ft

350 NM is 258.11 ib/ft

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
All I can say is we had the dyno calibrated recently, so it may have been reading high. All other seem to run ok.

I would concentrate on the quality of the mapping rather than the dyno figures.

I can't be fighting against all the keyboard warriors all the time :cartman:

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
I have never said anything against 150hp, unless the normal 'standard' Tune makes about 140.

But if you say you are in business since 6 years, so i guess you Will will know what kind of business especially the chiptuning business is...

But these are things which a: dont belong in public forums and b: nobody wants to hear.

Greets, Alex

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.