Proud 130..? Owner

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
blimey, all those mods inc the bumper me thinks you should have saved and looked for an FR+

Could of, possibly should of, but..nothing wrong with a 130. + Half the fun is making the car your own ?

Just had a read throuhg the whole thread and glad you've finally come to some sort of arrangement. Fingers crossed all is well when the 130 turns up. As for number plates, keep it as legal looking as possible, they're having a right crackdown in the NW on them. The did me for £30 a few weeks ago because the spacing wasn't right on my other car. Didnt spell anything, just larger than usuall gaps between the last 3 letters!

Aye will just get some legal plates knocked up then.

Blackburn ! Just down the road, meet up sometime :) Got a guy from blackpool with a leon that pm'd me too.

Last edited:

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
Could of, possibly should of, but..nothing wrong with a 130. + Half the fun is making the car your own ?

Aye will just get some legal plates knocked up then.

Blackburn ! Just down the road, meet up sometime :) Got a guy from blackpool with a leon that pm'd me too.

I'm over Preston quite often so when yours arrives, drop me a PM and we'll sort something out!

Like the sig mate - listen, don't fret, it's better than mine!!!

It was more of a poke at TallPaul, he had about 180bhp and similar torque to mine in his Ibiza when he followed me to Demon Tweeks a while ago and he couldn't keep up. Those figs are the lowest I've had on a rolling road, the highest I've seen from it was about 230bhp IIRC!:lol: Dyno lottery so I always quote my lowest. ;)

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
The gear knob thing........ read in Readers Rides section under "uncle fester" as I am pretty sure he has swapped his knob (ooo-errrrr mrs) for a later one and there is something about retaining a plastic piece of the old one to make the new one fit.

Glad you got a result with the car. Silver won't show marks as much as a lot of colours (especially black!), the 130 is a lot better than a 110 for loads of reasons, remap it with that £300 (and don't buy a "tuning box" - do it right!), speak to the previous owner, don't worry about the mileage thing, the receipt for the service showed a repair with trim and a belt change so it would be high, 60k is nothing on a diesel (mine has done 76k and has only had a glow plug fail!) and most of all....... stop worrying and just enjoy it now!

Best of luck chap!

PS - the best thing is that you won't use them again anyway due to the distance!

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
The gear knob thing........ read in Readers Rides section under "uncle fester" as I am pretty sure he has swapped his knob (ooo-errrrr mrs) for a later one and there is something about retaining a plastic piece of the old one to make the new one fit.

Glad you got a result with the car. Silver won't show marks as much as a lot of colours (especially black!), the 130 is a lot better than a 110 for loads of reasons, remap it with that £300 (and don't buy a "tuning box" - do it right!), speak to the previous owner, don't worry about the mileage thing, the receipt for the service showed a repair with trim and a belt change so it would be high, 60k is nothing on a diesel (mine has done 76k and has only had a glow plug fail!) and most of all....... stop worrying and just enjoy it now!

Best of luck chap!

PS - the best thing is that you won't use them again anyway due to the distance!

What could you get too without the clutch shitting out ? Reckon..150bhp map would keep the clutch working ok ?

As the exhaust is hidden on the 130, when i put the LCR body kit on can an exhaust be fitted ? To give it some noise, as at the moment its pretty quiet.

Last edited:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
150 will be fine for standard clutch mate, with a stage 1 generic map youll be looking at more like 160-165 anyway, which will also be fine, go for a progressive map....

bell autos in york are a good map service and not too far from you. also a forum sponsor on here

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Milltek do an exhaust to fit behind the 130 bumper with so called "discrete" tail pipes. I got mine from Awesome-gti.co.uk and had it fitted locally in Colchester.

The std clutch tends to slip on remaps that get close to the 300lbft of torque. Keep it lower and it will last longer. My car onlky had 5k on it when I Revo'd it, and about 25k when it started to slip. (Revo is about 300lbft on a 150 bhp car give or take 10lbft. Mine was measured at 303lbft). I swapped the plate only at that tiime which was a bit aggressive for my taste but I lived with it until a couple of weeks back when I went for a new standard DMF and the Sachs uprated clutch which aint cheap but its almost OEM in feel - its just a little heavier to operate.

strugers1

my clutch had 322ft lb after a map lasted 900 miles lol
go for a full map for 170-180bhp but dont rie the real low down torque, thats what cuased mine to slip....

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Well guys, result...eventually

They had no intentions of delivering today.

I said, get it MOT'd, im on my way down. They couldnt argue...8 hours later i have the car and im back home.

In the end we got..

£250 cash back

6 month tax to trade in.

12 months tax on car

full tank of diesel

12 month fresh mot done today

12 month warranty (which is good, because the keyfob is playing up, will get my dad to look at it (does em for a living). Failing that il take it to my local SEAT dealer and be like..erm FIX IT, its under warranty :p

So i had to go get it, but i can say now its 100% worth it, absolutley in love with the car..also i think there was something wrong with the power steering on the blue one as this seems a hell of alot better.

Nice turbo too :)

Oh and i got some free mats (only ones he had but i wasnt gonna argue at a freebie). Genuine seat, black with red trim with ibiza logo on so dont fit the leon if anybody can help me identify which years ibiza they are for il give somebody a bargain in the FS section :)..

All in all, one happy 130 owner, they had valet'd it and polished it, man..looks ace in silver !

Last edited:

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
haha.....thought youd like the silver eventually......they do look sexy in silver!

glad you got a result in the end!

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
well done mate... pleased for you!

Incase you interest a couple of mates have just bought some sort of little gadet of eBay for their A4 1.9 TDI's for £25 quid that adds around 20-30bhp. It works a treat, I've seen one a while back on a rolling road day and the rollers showed it worked. Tonight on the way home my mates 130 A4 TDI kept up with my LC and I hardly pulled a gap on him. I'll get the link if your interested.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
well done mate... pleased for you!

Incase you interest a couple of mates have just bought some sort of little gadet of eBay for their A4 1.9 TDI's for £25 quid that adds around 20-30bhp. It works a treat, I've seen one a while back on a rolling road day and the rollers showed it worked. Tonight on the way home my mates 130 A4 TDI kept up with my LC and I hardly pulled a gap on him. I'll get the link if your interested.

Been told to stay away from the ebay jobbies though ? And to get a proper map done ?

Hey hey - nice one matey, am well chuffed for you! :funk:

Aye cheers dude, now..let the modding begin !

Just need to find a guide, or somebody to tell me how to swap the indicator bulbs out for my silver visions :p

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
...very true. I'd go for a remap over the gadet, but If you were on a budget then its a cheap option. Although you could always splash out on a PTorque map for around £265 with you cash back.

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Aye cheers dude, now..let the modding begin !

Yeah - and don't let it begin with those dodgy ebay "chips" - universal, made for ANY car with fuel injection, £25..?..?..?
How come we haven't ALL got one then?!?!
Steer clear & get yourself a nice custom map - not that I've got one yet but hey!

My humble mods so far since Nov consist of replacing a missing splitter, aero blades, CG Lock - er, that's it!

Enjoy your new motor, look after it & drive safe fella! :drive1:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
noooooo, dont do the gadget at all ever ever.

piss poor resistor to con ecu int thin king more air is going into the engine and it adjust fuelling.

£25 for a 20p resistor is a good profit fot the nob selling it.

engine wont thank you for that