Proud 130..? Owner

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Your right dude, shows ASV.

If we get the punto back, we have a private sale lined up @ more than the trade in price, and seen a few 150 cupras & fr's for sale that we would consider buying instead.

Cant do anything til we have spoken to trading standards and the dealer in question tomorrow.

Tell you something though, this Paul fella who put the mrs in tears and was laughing down the phone at a grown woman needs a slap, if i didnt live 4 hours away he would be getting one ! lol.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Wait until you get a TDI 130 as you wanted, much better. The 130 same on the SE only.

The TDI 110 (Non-PD) that you have now, will indeed have the sticker... lift the boot carpet and have a look ... it'll say something like 81kW and also give you the engine code which is probably going to be ASV (I think ALH is the 90BHP ... ASZ is the 130 HP used in the Ibiza).

It also contains paint code and various other codes that will decode to the original spec of the car when built in Spain.

Something else I just thought of, this is the case on the Golf MK4 ... The Non-PD 110 speedo will go to 140MPH ... but the PD 130 speedo will go to 160MPH. (Much easier going on the white dials though)

For the record, a lot of people sell Leon's as 130's on Pistonheads/Autotrader/eBay - but they're actually 110's. Same as people used to sell MK4 Ibiza TDI 100's as 110's ... There is no such thing as a PD 110, and the MK4 Ibiza diesels are all PD's.

Confusing isn't it? Then again you would think Seat dealerships would know these things...

Yep speedo goes to 140 :(

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Fully intend to ! How can a seat garage, not know what car they are selling...unless they did it on purpose because its been sat there for 15 months !?

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Your right dude, shows ASV.

If we get the punto back, we have a private sale lined up @ more than the trade in price, and seen a few 150 cupras & fr's for sale that we would consider buying instead.

Cant do anything til we have spoken to trading standards and the dealer in question tomorrow.

Tell you something though, this Paul fella who put the mrs in tears and was laughing down the phone at a grown woman needs a slap, if i didnt live 4 hours away he would be getting one ! lol.

I have many many friends in the Herts area who would be all too willing to go over and deliver said slap for you mate ;)

Seriously though, sort your car out and then arrange for the slapfest to begin.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I think you might be right... Leon's sell very well unless they have high miles or are overpriced non-turbo petrols.

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
Now i went down to my local seat dealer, they have dug some information up.

Was last serviced 2007, been stood on the seat forecourt for around 15months, which would explain the flat battery when we got it, and the 10psi in the tyres ! Thats just plain dangerous for one..
And secondly its covered 20miles since 2007 ?

So yeah, complete bunch of tossers !

don't mean to rub salt in your wounds, but did you not drive the car before you bought it?
surely you would have noticed these little things, let alone the power difference.

unlucky all the same, they sound like a bunch of c**ts. good luck!

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
well he wouldnt know the power difference would he, didnt drive the 2 cars... and came from a fiat....

and as said, im sure he checked everything out, so yes rubbing salt in wounds doenst help, and yes they sound like a bunch of

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
don't mean to rub salt in your wounds, but did you not drive the car before you bought it?
surely you would have noticed these little things, let alone the power difference.

unlucky all the same, they sound like a bunch of c**ts. good luck!

I did some research, but figured a seat garage wouldnt lie to me...i was so wrong?

After a 4 hour journey i just wanted to get home so told them the test drive would my journey home, + the snowy weather down there wasnt the best, wouldnt of liked to do the a roads around there.

:(

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I did some research, but figured a seat garage wouldnt lie to me...i was so wrong?

After a 4 hour journey i just wanted to get home so told them the test drive would my journey home, + the snowy weather down there wasnt the best, wouldnt of liked to do the a roads around there.

:(

Geezer.... you did nothing wrong except place trust in a main dealer. Any number of people would have done exactly as you did. They mislead you - simple as that. You'll get it sorted tomorrow.

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
The suggestion of ringing Seat UK is a good one to be honest... they can do things like send a mystery shopper and do phantom tests.

All VAG garages have these anyway but can easily send more and believe me fail these and the garage is in big trouble..

We have passed the last few at our place anyhow :D

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
The suggestion of ringing Seat UK is a good one to be honest... they can do things like send a mystery shopper and do phantom tests.

All VAG garages have these anyway but can easily send more and believe me fail these and the garage is in big trouble..

We have passed the last few at our place anyhow :D

trading standards at 8am, then this dealer..see what they have to say, this mr kelvin bloke has some explaining to do !.

Calm polite attitude to start off with, mrs is gonna guilt trip him big time about this Pauls attitude towards her today and my mother, (i feel like a kid saying that, il set my mum on you !). If he fails to match the calm attitude, thats when we start mentioning things like the "false trade descriptions act", trading standards and further legal action.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
More importantly, who's arse in your avatar :whistle:

Is that you mums :-o

Playing and hope you get everything sorted mate ;)

Yeah its my mothers...a night with her for your leon ? ;)

Nah just some random skank on google images, needed an avatar, not quite sure how i found it ? could be a "butterface" though.

Everything is nice...but'her'face ;)

aye, just because a bunch of knob jubblers have had my pants down, put the ky to one side and had me in all sorts of positions it doesnt mean we cant have a laugh about it...just hope it turns out in our favour !

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.