Proud 130..? Owner

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Lol sorry for late reply guys just got back from college (studying motorcycle engineering) so had to clean myself up, was covered in oil (damned fork seals!).

Anyway, after them saying we will give you your punto back...and nothing else ( not even our £2200 we paid! ) we had numerous phone calls back and forth.

Have agreed on the following : (which im not assed about really as i will have the 130bhp i wanted, and any problems it can go to my local dealer)

The silver leon 130 with 67k on the clock, FSSH, had the big 60k service with reciepts/stamps.

it has 9 months MOT but ive demanded a fresh 12 month ticket.

12 month tax

full 12month SEAT warranty, to use at any dealer no matter where i am.

Delivered here by thursday

And £250, but we get to keep the tax on this one outside, trade that in and should get around £50 for it ?

I asked about the interior and the mark on the rear bumper, apparantly thats been polished out and the interior is now mint. If it isnt..i can sort it, but if its in too bad a state i will refuse the exchange..

Not the outcome i wanted really but it means i dont have to feck about selling the punto again, nor do i have to drive down there.

Least i have the 130bhp i wanted, just hope it looks good in silver ? needs some black LCR wheels on it or get some coloured to that anthracite colour (not sure on the word, like a bluey grey)

What you think in all guys ?

Should work out at £300 ish, full 12 month tax, full 12 month MOT, full 12 month seat warranty, delivered up here.

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
Well glad you have managed to sort something...

Cannot believe they still atempted to give you no money back and just the punto.

You will love the silver mate, best colour, and easy to clean!

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Not overly convinced, think the yellow or grey is the best, anybody have any decent pictures of some silver ones ? I will be fitting the lcr bumpers to it if that helps ;)

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
well here is mine:
P310109_160902.jpg

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Just seen that (did a search for silver leon), VERY nice Tim !.

Ok guys..i will source a decent mp3 player from my dad @ trade price, i DO want the flip key, i had a search and i see a sticky..read 10 pages then gave up ! Its 50+ pages long ! That should really be tidied up for the useful information.

What flip keys will work ? Is there a 3 button one that will operate the boot too, or is it just a flip 2 button key ?

Best aerial to get, ive seen a few on here, c2? (my local citroen dealer is a no no), what else ?

Wiper..will do the touran mod over the fabia one (will have to see if i can find part numbers again).

Gear knobs ? I was watching one on ebay off a cupra r, looked very nice..is there some that will/wont fit ?

Think thats all the questions i have..for now lol.

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
Well the remote i have is 2 button and i think that is the only option.

anything vag will fit gearknob wise. obviously note the speed 5/6.

and civic type r or s2000 or c2 all fit.

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
if you're not happy with that deal, tell them where to get off.
you have a right to return the product for a full refund if you're not happy with it, let alone one that was clearly incorrectly advertised. this includes the return of your punto..

if you're happy with what they've given you, take it. depends how much hassle you're prepared to take tbh

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
Just to let you know, they have to give you a years warranty whatever you buy, so if they are trying to say they are doing you a deal by giving you that then they are not. If it was my money i would demand it back and buy from a better company, if you have issues your local dealership will tell you to go back to where you bought it. Trust me because thats what they said when i had problems with my car 1 month after i paid £11K for it. Be very care and good luck

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
if you're not happy with that deal, tell them where to get off.
you have a right to return the product for a full refund if you're not happy with it, let alone one that was clearly incorrectly advertised. this includes the return of your punto..

if you're happy with what they've given you, take it. depends how much hassle you're prepared to take tbh

It will do, looking at it from this point.

Before we thought we had a 130bhp with 6 month tax.

Now we DO have a 130bhp (well, will have), 12 month tax, 12 month MOT, warranty etc and about £300

Dec 19, 2006
Glad its got sorted in the end and your happy with the result. Did you say about that Paul bloke being a complete twat to your Mrs and mum?

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Good to hear you got that sorted out, it seems they knew what they were doing and being firm with them has paid off ... the exchange they are doing for you I'd say is reasonable.

As for the colour, my personal preference would be Silver (I want my next car to be Silver) as it hides dirt and light scratches really well.

The best colour for a Leon I think is Yellow ... but should anyone bump into you the garage will never match the paint 100% and you would have endless problems (I did with my Ibiza).

All the best, wait till you feel the difference with the PD130! Remember... six speed, white dials, 96kW on the boot sticker! ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members