Proud 130..? Owner

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Someone has posted links further up worth a read, but it really makes my blood boil when dealers treat people like this. We get passionate about our cars to have people like this ruin the experience makes me angry!

Rather than use the car, use a taxi and get a receipt. Add it to their bill unless they agree that you can use the car (get them to email that "permission" to you - its better than nothing!). You really don't want to get into a row about you having "accepted" the car by using it. It will take moments for them to write an email to you.

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
yep got the little buttons for temp time mpg miles left etc

just spotted what this chap got for his money

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=203743

yeh there are some bargains out there mine actually had 58k on it, (typo in the advert) didnt bother me as it had fssh, so i got them to give me a bit of a discount as i had already bought it i basically got 1 year mot and tax for free and got it delivered to aberdeen for me for free oh and a full tank of fuel ;):D

JamJay

California Bound
I have just read this, and after talking to you in you last thread about how excited you were to get either a 130 or 150, I really feel for you. How can a dealer do this to someone?

Talk to trading standards, I am sure you have a very strong case.

Bust as above, if you can avoid using the car as much as possible, it might help you.

Please post up the outcome tomorrow and I hope it goes your way :)

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Currently on hold waiting for the main mush, decided we dont want them to find us a car as per previous posts from you guys basically we are under the impression they will try to find us any piece of **** just to get rid, its either then bring us the punto back on a transporter (we dont want the added milage/tyre wear) and give us compensation for the 8 hours driving we did, and fuel costs etc, or they refund the invoice amount and collect this car.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Concentrate on getting the car returned first and foremost and agreement of the refund on that. Then once you have agreed that, go after out of pocket expenses. The car is the biggest issue by far so don't cloud this part with the lesser (although still important) stuff.

Plus, once you have agreement from them on the car, they are admitting it's their fault and its then much harder for them to reject your expenses.

Last edited:

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Right guys, update :

This is whats been said today, and whats been found out today :

Rang @ 11.20am ish and spoke to a Paul Callis (complete cnut), this is how the conversation went :

Btw the mrs rang, ive too short a temper :

Mrs : We bought a seat leon yesterday under the impression it was a 130, found out its a 110 what are you going to do about it.

Paul : Need to speak to Kelvin (sales manager/guy who sold us the car) ring back tomorrow

Mrs : No this isnt acceptable we need this sorting today, he should be contactable hes the sales manager.

Paul : Im not doing anything, u will have to ring back tomorrow.

11.53am :

mrs : Whos in charge today ?

Paul : Me

Mrs : Can you not deal with it ?

Paul : Il have a look at the paperwork

mrs : Ok

Paul : and ring you back tomorrow

Mrs : No this needs sorting today

Paul : Ok im with a customer il give you a ring back shortly

Mrs : Ok il expect a call

1.05pm

Guy called Geoff

Mrs : Is paul available please

Geoff : No hes with a customer il get him to call you back

Mrs : ok thanks

No call back, so rang @ 1.35pm

Geoff : Customers gone now, hes on the other phone, can you hold

1.42pm Mrs was put through to paul

Paul : Where did you see the advert

mrs : your website

he had a look...

Paul : Thats what seat put on, not us, i cant contact kelvin today, like ive said il sort it tomorrow.

mrs : And what options do we have tomorrow ?

Paul : Dont know will need to speak to kelvin

Mrs : well we have this car now, we dont want it and dont have another car to use, have places to go.

Paul : Well thats your car

Mrs : But we dont want it, what happens if tomorrow you say we have put miles on it so its not worth what we paid.

Paul : Wont happen, will sort tomorrow.

Mrs : Why cant you contact kelvin today ?

Paul : Ive said il sort it tomorrow

Mrs : But why cant you contact him today ?

Paul hung up !

Mrs in tears at this stage.

Not happy with him hanging up she rings back straight away and spoke to Geoff, now paul was with a customer ( even though 10 seconds ago he had hung up ),

Geoff : Il pass on the message to call you back.

Mrs : But he wont call me back, im gonna call back every ten minutes until i get through to him.

At this point shes really upset/pissed off, so i let the mother ring.

Mother had a sterner voice, the guy was laughing at her down the phone, being really obnoxious, basically not going to do anything, wont tell us where our punto is, not willing to do anything, nor ring kelvin, nor help, just laughing down the phone.

Now i went down to my local seat dealer, they have dug some information up.

Was last serviced 2007, been stood on the seat forecourt for around 15months, which would explain the flat battery when we got it, and the 10psi in the tyres ! Thats just plain dangerous for one..
And secondly its covered 20miles since 2007 ?

So yeah, complete bunch of tossers !

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
^^ Open from 8am tomorrow so will have to call them first thing, then ring the dealer as Mr Kelvin is in tomorrow, so there should be no excuses.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Speak to Kelvin tomorrow.

Paul has told you to use tha car, so if it isn't any great distance to work use it but you will really struggle if it gets damaged or anything. I'd use a taxi for work in the morning and get receipts until they provide you an email/letter stating that its OK for you to use the car.

Be calm with him, but describe the behaviour of Paul and the fact he would not deal with you and actually hung up on you. Then start from scratch with him. If you get nowhere simply tell him that you will be referring the matter to trading standards, that you have the original advert for the car stating it as a 130bhp model and that they can take it from there.

Get some legal advice on the use of the car. Your Mrs should be able to get some help from work on that.

JamJay

California Bound
Take them to the cleaners as the saying goes. That is really not acceptable.

I can't remember if you named and shamed the dealer but once this is over, please let us know who it is, i'll want to steer clear.

Trading Standards 8am befoe you do anything and make sure you tell them about the Laughing saleman too.

Could also contact SEAT UK, I don't think they will be happy having a dealership behaving like that would they? Mind you, might not care less.

You could always send your story to Watchdog. You never know, this might have happened to people before... http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
I hold my hands up and say ive been well and truely had, bent over, shafted dry, whatever you call it they have done it. I just pray to god that Kelvin is as helpful tomorrow as he was when we bought the car (nice attitude, polite, shook my hand etc).

Trading standards @ 8am, dealer at 9 when they open, will post the results when i get something.

Really hope we get the result we want,

Either our car back on a transporter and some compensation, or a full refund of invoice price. Wouldnt use this dealer again, especially not after the phone calls today, and other factors like 10psi i the tyres, flat battery, the fact they mis sold the car !

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Just had a read through this, hope you get it sorted out OK.

Some info on Leon's that may help you.

TDI 90 & 110 - Non-PD Old Generation TDI Engines

TDI 130 & 150 - PD Engines, 6-Speed Boxes

The 130 SE models all have white dials, the 150 TDI's are Cupra's or FR's also have white dials.

On the car you buy, lift the boot carpet and read the sticker ... 96kW is the 130.

Hope this helps mate.

Sack driving paying that money for a 110 TDI!

Another thing is Sat Nav was not standard on any Leon's ... it was an additional option when the car was ordered new. And it's hit/miss what Leons have the trip computer.

Last edited:

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Just had a read through this, hope you get it sorted out OK.

Some info on Leon's that may help you.

TDI 90 & 110 - Non-PD Old Generation TDI Engines

TDI 130 & 150 - PD Engines, 6-Speed Boxes

The 130 SE models all have white dials, the 150 TDI's are Cupra's or FR's also have white dials.

On the car you buy, lift the boot carpet and read the sticker ... 96kW is the 130.

Hope this helps mate.

Sack driving paying that money for a 110 TDI!

Another thing is Sat Nav was not standard on any Leon's ... it was an additional option when the car was ordered new. And it's hit/miss what Leons have the trip computer.

Should there be a power sticker on the 110 too ? I had a look at the dealership but wasnt fully aware of what i was looking for, i feel like such a mug ! I did some research on here obviously it just wasnt enough. :(

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
On a side note, i can see why you all like leons, looks nice, handles well, and even though this is a 110 it still seems quite pokey.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
On a side note, i can see why you all like leons, looks nice, handles well, and even though this is a 110 it still seems quite pokey.

Wait until you get a TDI 130 as you wanted, much better. The 130 same on the SE only.

The TDI 110 (Non-PD) that you have now, will indeed have the sticker... lift the boot carpet and have a look ... it'll say something like 81kW and also give you the engine code which is probably going to be ASV (I think ALH is the 90BHP ... ASZ is the 130 HP used in the Ibiza).

It also contains paint code and various other codes that will decode to the original spec of the car when built in Spain.

Something else I just thought of, this is the case on the Golf MK4 ... The Non-PD 110 speedo will go to 140MPH ... but the PD 130 speedo will go to 160MPH. (Much easier going on the white dials though)

For the record, a lot of people sell Leon's as 130's on Pistonheads/Autotrader/eBay - but they're actually 110's. Same as people used to sell MK4 Ibiza TDI 100's as 110's ... There is no such thing as a PD 110, and the MK4 Ibiza diesels are all PD's.

Confusing isn't it? Then again you would think Seat dealerships would know these things...

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members