My car dropped on AP coilies!!

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
They are all looking spot on. Basssound yours is miles better now with it sitting like that.
Joel... Your Fabia is exactly the same height as mine :) Could have wound the front down even more if i'd wanted, but the sump is lower than a racing snake as it is LOL!!

I'm glad everyone is happy with the AP's too. Just proves what we have been saying about them, superb quality and ride, at a very good price.

a VERY big :thumbup: to you all!

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
01022009243.jpg

Theres mine as it is now. Thats with the rear adjusters in. Reakon they should come out?

nam

May 29, 2007
Northwest
How much are these coilovers?

Look though the post mate, there £360ish

Anyways, i've fitted mine last night. Ended up taking about 4 hours after have problems getting the drop link off the drivers side.

i set the fronts so there was 40mm of thread left on them and the rear with all the way down with the spring seats still in, think i'm going to bring the front up slightly though :D

Overall its a good kit! worth the money imo
3247492584_795ba53bc6.jpg

3247492588_9017fc7493.jpg

3247492590_555e464161.jpg

nam

May 29, 2007
Northwest
all the rears seats are in, even the blue bits!

supprised that it sits as low as it does with them in

mattydebb123

looks really nice i want some! think the insurance company would have a fit though. lol

Mar 8, 2007
How is everyone getting on with this kit?

I'm fairly impressed however still getting the odd noise, I greased the front spring seats and it worked for a while but came back. Mainly a creaking noise doing manouveres and a clunking from the passenger side over big bumps, fook knows.

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
It's a great kit, very impressed by it. I had the odd creak from the back, greased it up and it went. It's probably due to the salt dryin out the bushes.

Had the odd rubbing on the front on a country road. Speed bumps are no problem, even the square ones. Looking to get a rear anti roll bar to compliment them

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
No knocks or anything from the front, just a very occasional rub on an uneven road. Standard Front ARB drop links are on the front

Mar 8, 2007
Also, to adjust the fronts which way is lower and which way is higher?.

I am assuming winding the adjuster plate to the RIGHT makes it lower?

IbizaTDI08

Aug 7, 2008
Had mine done on APs last week and i have been very impressed with them, the ride is fantastic, is not harsh and takes the bumps very well,

will probably let them set then go slightly lower, wheel spacers are going on the rear tomorrow!

DSC00233.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.