DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

jamiebennett81

Should i turn the timing down even tho it was mapped with the same setup bar forge fmic...

As i have a restriction somewere and my money is on the fmic

why not take it to Will and get the map adjusted, as I am pretty sure he will have mine still on file, so can sort you out I am sure :)

jamiebennett81

Told you it needed mapping m8. Obviously the map on it was written for a different car, get all your new hardware on and get it mapped.

seconded - if it was me, stay OFF the boost mate as you really dont want to do any unnecessary damage to the engine

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
why not take it to Will and get the map adjusted, as I am pretty sure he will have mine still on file, so can sort you out I am sure :)

+1

You will never get full boost by 3.5k as it dont request it till after 4k. Map needs adjusting and I'd trust Will to do it.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Erm i don't understand...It came complete same Mods and everything...Anyway it turns out is my tiny FMIC lol...

As my inlet temps are high as fook!!!!
The inlet manifold shouldnt be red hot....to a extent u cant even put ur hand on it....

Thats why ive got high cf's because my cylinder temps are through the roof... Its mapped for a forge cooler!! which i don't have yet lol

this the size of a forge fmic
224d_1.jpg

and my fmic
Photo251.jpg

lol tiny eh!

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

Erm i don't understand...It came complete same Mods and everything...Anyway it turns out is my tiny FMIC lol...

As my inlet temps are high as fook!!!!
The inlet manifold shouldnt be red hot....to a extent u cant even put ur hand on it....

Thats why ive got high cf's because my cylinder temps are through the roof... Its mapped for a forge cooler!! which i don't have yet lol

I think you are walking in the dark mate, seriously, take it to a mapper to get it properly looked at....its a small price isn't to get it sorted properly for all the time and effort you have put into the car and most of all - peace of mind

or do you want to risk possible and sustained damage to the internals?......

jamiebennett81

I sure am :D Or even a huge cooler the same as hoochs vario

with new custom charge pipe

Forge one will suffice fine mate, as it is rated to 400bhp I believe (unless you are going BT at some point)

you will notice an instant difference the minute it is fitted

I did when I junked my Laguna FMIC for the Forge setup - you get what you pay for

jamiebennett81

its not a map its a restriction with the fmic!!!

look at the size of mine

this the size of a forge fmic
224d_1.jpg

and my fmic
Photo251.jpg

my FMIC:p

PRODPIC-633.jpg

that uni intercooler reminds me of the Laguna setup. Laguna is thinner but has a wider spread area, and that uni cooler is smaller, but has a thicker core....but probably both works out to be the same

either way on yours, I am damned certain it is the choke point now

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Im jealous you badger lol :D

Anyway Started mocking up my custom charge pipe with alloy madrell bends @ 63mm...

Im nearlly there with it tbh just a few miner adjustments but il do that when the cooler is Mounted and lined up...

The kits is really good quality with the decent jubliee clips that came with it...But the Couplers & elbows are crap like a rubber compound...So when i get paid il replace them with some nice sfs hoses...

Heres the charge pipe nearly Made up :D Just have to run a bend to the cooler entry then its done:
Photo255.jpg

Photo256.jpg

Photo257.jpg

The difference Between the the OEM charge pipe and the near one:
Photo258.jpg

Im looking in to doing my TB sent up aswell doing away the silicone and doing it in mandrell bends joined with the coupler...
Nearly finished this aswell as i had loads of pipe left over from the kit :D
Photo259.jpg

And Bought a new cooler and the size is
Dimensions - 550mm x 230mm x 65mm (Core Size)
2.25" (57mm) Inlet And Outlet And the volume is: 822250(mm^3)

And
Dave Smith's old A&M FMIC:
========================
Core size: 540 x 170 x 65 = 5967000 (mm^3)

My Old Ths Cooler
===============
Core size: 530 x 140 x 65 = 4823000 (mm^3

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
24 degrees intake temp isn that bad, in fact its pretty decent after a full WOT run in 4th.

Is your fuelling ok and your sparks all ok?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.