• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Squeeky Breaks

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
Ever since I have had my car I have had squeaky breaks at low speed.. eg parking ect.. I have had the AA look at it and have taken it back to the garage twice, second time they said they deglazed the breaks (not sure if they did though) some one said jet wash the callipers which I have also done..

Anyone know best way to stop this?

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
I don't drive it hard and they have been like since i got the car...Seat just said to me they would deglaze them and it will probably stop...

'lack of copper grease on the back of the pads' How do you add grease to the back of pads as this may stop it..i'm guessing

andycupra

status subject to change
I don't drive it hard and they have been like since i got the car...Seat just said to me they would deglaze them and it will probably stop...

'lack of copper grease on the back of the pads' How do you add grease to the back of pads as this may stop it..i'm guessing

remove the pads as if changing them. apply copper grease to the rear face. put pads back on.

i cant say 100% this will cure it, but im sure someone else with back me up that this is the common cause. Im surprised the dealer have not done this.

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
Andy cheers for your info.. i'm going to ring the dealer now and book it in and they can do it under the warrenty..hopefully lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.