Changing Wheels & Tracking

Mat

Swapped my wheels round last night (fronts > Back > front)

This morning, popped out, and notice that the tracking is a bit off. Never had this before. Has anyone else?

I did notice when changing the drivers front (second to last wheel) that I hadn't parked 100% straight. Could this have caused it?

Obviously will go and get it tracked when I'm next off.

Just wondered if I did summat wrong when removing/replacing them?

Mat

nothing changed at all. same tyres etc etc

will get it checked next sat

antnee

Could be that they have worn unevenly, didn't you replace just one from a puncture a few weeks back?

Mat

yeah, and got a brand new one on yesterday!

there's about a weeks difference in tread wear between the two ;)

Mat

yup

bro thinks i'm being paranoid. But i'm 100% sure that when the steering wheel was central, it went straight, now it goes a bit right.

if i let in run straight, the steering wheel is a bit off center

warren_cox

Back from the dead
All sort of things can knock your tracking out on the move, but I've never heard of anything being out when stationary unless track rods for instance / suspension bolts have been adjusted. Sure its not just the way the wheels settled after the jack went down or the camber in the road???

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Dont think you got anything to worry about then mat. Cos just changing the wheels wont effect the tracking at all and if the pressures are fine the only thing id say would be the balancing of the tyres as its not uncommon for the weights to pop off just after they've been put on

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
My steering wheel is turned slightly to the left when driving in a straight line. Also happened when I put stock rims on for the winter, but I think I caused it? The wheels had been on the car for a long time by the looks of it and had seized on - obviously no copper grease applied!! Had to kick the living sh*t out of it to loosen it off! Could we just undo the steering wheel a little to straighten it up and re-tighten??