DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
yeah dead easy two 13mm bolts one plug and two 10mm nuts for terminals and aux belt off! easy!

When you slacken your 13mm bolts hit them in so it knocks the slides away from the alternator so you can get it out! Make sure the bolts are in a couple of threads tho!

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Picture Request for JJ_arosa..
These were took when i 1st fitted it...

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010006.jpg

SNOWZ

Mar 9, 2008
Hereford born and bred
WOOOOOTT!!! my 3'' Downpipe and De-cat..**** yeah its massive lol..Need a decent exhaust place to Fit it..

The Piccys..
IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Picture Request for JJ_arosa..
These were took when i 1st fitted it...

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010006.jpg

awsome car m8 nice write up,

where did you get your dp and decat from i am wanting to do this to mine, also about the intercooler, will it fit further back behind the crash bar as i am looking at doing that but not wanting to cut out the front bumper

cheers

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
you sure that dp is 3"? dont look it. measure it

as for tensioner. the belt goes on last. u need a 14mm spanner (iirc that is) on the tag that is on the tensioner then move the tensioner out of the way. fit belt and release tensioner

HoocH

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
tighten the tensioner up, 3 13mm. at the top of the tensioner there is like a square bit of metal poking up, get a open ended spanner on that think its a 17mm but could be a 13mm spanner and pull the spanner towads you and you can see the hole arm of the tensioner moving, put the belt back on while holding the spanner still and slowly let go and it self tensions itself

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Done it thanks very much lads..

So i fitted it and then crossed my finger and the light was still on!!!!!So after a new alternator,testin the battery,Checking all the fuses it was just a small Peice of element on the battery fuse box had melted....I can't belive i missed it!!!!

To say im pissed off is an under statment..!!!!I don't even wanna talk about it its annoyed me that much!!!!

Its all working now tho!!!!So does anyone want a new alternator? lol

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
All is running fine....

Just took it out for the 1st time and all is great But you can really tell its a slightly bigger turbo just the way it pics up....
i only went to the top of the road and my tcs and Abs light have come on...So i need to get that vag-com'd now.....

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Just Found out that i can use the Genric stage 2 k04 software and use lemmi winks and the mbc for my gtx seems a load of people on edition38 have done it...?

Is this true?..

SNow: Some fit mate some don't

also theres a company on edition38 that does Custom mapping Or live Mapping on the road not the rr like others?Is this bad or good?

He has offered to map my Gt2x with mods for 250quid(Christmas Price) The company is called Mo-tech performance and they seem to now there stuff and have a good rep on Edition38 as loads of people have gone to them...

Its just an idea as im looking for places to map this now so getting a few prices..

Also im wondering shall i fitt my 3'' maf and 225 injector with my boost turn'ed down?as cupra matt did with his setup?

Last edited:

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Just Found out that i can use the Genric stage 2 k04 software and use lemmi winks and the mbc for my gtx seems a load of people on edition38 have done it...?

Is this true?..

SNow: Some fit mate some don't

also theres a company on edition38 that does Custom mapping Or live Mapping on the road not the rr like others?Is this bad or good?

He has offered to map my Gt2x with mods for 250quid(Christmas Price) The company is called Mo-tech performance and they seem to now there stuff and have a good rep on Edition38 as loads of people have gone to them...

Its just an idea as im looking for places to map this now so getting a few prices..

Also im wondering shall i fitt my 3'' maf and 225 injector with my boost turn'ed down?as cupra matt did with his setup?

No, you cannot use a K04 map......who told you this???

Live mapping on the road is usually advertised by companies without a Dyno, is not the right way to map at all......even if they do map it on the road, do you want someone constantly breaking the speed limit to get the correct logs? Alot of load must be put on the engine to successfully custom map it....meaning speeds of 100+ on public roads whilst someone is logging live data....:blink:

I wouldn't hunt for the best price only if I were you, the skill and quality of a remapper and their software differs hugely.

I find it a joke that some tuners offer ''live road mapping'' [:@]

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I agree with Will on this one, Danny. The only time I would even consider have my car live mapped was if it was done on a track.

I'm sure Will can do you a good deal Danny ;)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
You can use a k04 map, or even a k03 map with the right mods and knowledge but i'd get a proper map.

One guy on vortex tuned his mk4 on i think it was GIAC X+ to work on his 2871. Would require, vag com, lemmiwinks, a wideband, etc...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.