jamiebennett81

No screwed on and then a grub screw to keep it in place, its more solid than the standard one too lol
Nope Jamie its gasket seal, was doing a bit of creative work with it lol :p

you just answered my question from another thread....cheers bud:)

what gasket sealant and where did you get it from?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
excellent, cheers mate, as doing my rocker cover this weekend hopefully, so will go and get some

I just replaced the whole gasket mate, its a thick rubber one so its pretty good just on its own! Had to pry it off with a screwdriver in the first place lol

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

I just replaced the whole gasket mate, its a thick rubber one so its pretty good just on its own! Had to pry it off with a screwdriver in the first place lol

thats what I thought mate, but Philw commented that his leaks oil on the half moon part where the cam belt is etc and it is wise to stick some around there and a bit around each corner of the RC

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
thats what I thought mate, but Philw commented that his leaks oil on the half moon part where the cam belt is etc and it is wise to stick some around there and a bit around each corner of the RC

Suppose its a good idea, never had that problem with mine luckily. That stuff ive got does dry quite solid, took long enough to pry it up with just a gasket never mind sealant as well!

jamiebennett81

Suppose its a good idea, never had that problem with mine luckily. That stuff ive got does dry quite solid, took long enough to pry it up with just a gasket never mind sealant as well!

a new rubber gasket should do it to be honest, but will fit and see

how do you mean it took long enough to pry it up?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
a new rubber gasket should do it to be honest, but will fit and see

how do you mean it took long enough to pry it up?

The gasket sealed it that well that it was held down and not budging without any screws in or anything, had to get a flathead under it just to break the seal, and even then was hard work lol

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
yea mate want to see that in action! Will have to soon need a dry day but hard this time of year

Last edited:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Update time :D

Nothing major, just a couple of small things as funds are limited coming upto xmas

Got a driver's side stubby wing mirror from German Ebay, cause the wing mirrors not being the same size has always annoyed me, and i prefer the smaller wing mirrors. I also decided to get both wing mirrors and base plates sprayed gloss black to match my inserts and continue with the yellow and black theme of the car. Also had my strut brace sprayed gloss black as well, cause the bodyshop said they would do it aswell for the same price as the mirrors, and its always looked out of place being red

08122008414.jpg

09122008420.jpg

09122008423.jpg

08122008416.jpg

09122008424.jpg

Also finally got round to changing the aerial to a nice stubby one

29112008413.jpg

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

Looking great there fella:D

my friend has a MK3 Cupra, and it always annoys me too when we get in it and he has one mirror larger than the other

still think you should get the injectors underneath the mani so to clear up the fuel rail (although it does still look pretty tidy):)

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Looking great there fella:D

my friend has a MK3 Cupra, and it always annoys me too when we get in it and he has one mirror larger than the other

still think you should get the injectors underneath the mani so to clear up the fuel rail (although it does still look pretty tidy):)

Cheers mate, im on tidy up time at the min, like yourself, its throttle body and inlet next!

Might sound stupid mate but whats the best way to go about it, seen yours and it looks like nothings there lol

jamiebennett81

Cheers mate, im on tidy up time at the min, like yourself, its throttle body and inlet next!

Might sound stupid mate but whats the best way to go about it, seen yours and it looks like nothings there lol

I had to take off all the original electrical tape, and separate out all the wires. From the ones I could separate out, I ran underneath the manifold, and the others I have just done back up with some electrical tape and cable tied them up against a thin hard pipe which runs discretely along the manifold

was a bit of a pain to do, but looks a lot neater now. Still some work to do on it, but looks better for now

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members