• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

dogbone mount

T. Spark

Ive got one fitted on my car (yet!) however when I read up on them, most people said it vibrated badly, some said it settled down and got managable (personally think they just got used to it) others say it stayed the same (old people moaning after buying a performance product and expecting it to feel OEM)

Im going for one, who cares if it vibrates abit inside the cabin, should give better grip off the line so worth it :)

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
it don't half vibrate alot tho. was expecting bit more but it's just daft. i can feel it in the steering and through my back on tick over.

T. Spark

Well I believe its the same mount for all thw tdi's so if you ever get sick of it, sell it me cheap :D

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
I thought 'what have I done' when I first had mine........but it does calm down and you do get used to it so it is nowhere near as noticable.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
i hope so. Its still horrible to drive. spark will pm if its coming off, also not forgot to get post cost for the other item

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
I had mine done at jabba sport, along with a full set of polybushes. Mine was a 'special' one for diesels, Id say its hardly noticeable on mine, Worth changing.

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
I thought uprating the dogbone mount reduces wheel hop, which it certainly has done in my car, I was referring to that the increase in vibrations through to the car were not really noticeable.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Stick with it, it drops off eventually. The first week or two are the worse. Even after several months still thought about going back to oe.

It does ease off as it beds in.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
well. as my wife drives the car alot these days, im removing it tomorrow. Im putting in a full new dogbone bar plus mounts. It comes as one whole new unit (cant buy just the oe mount).

tbh, i don't find the mount that much a benefit.

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
Jabba changed the mount, the original one was for petrols not diesels and caused much more vibration, so several at Briskoda.net drilled it. I might get mine fitted to the near-250k-on-the-clock Fabia Estate PD100 I'm running at the moment, to get it settled in on the old beasty before that gets converted ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I thought 'what have I done' when I first had mine........but it does calm down and you do get used to it so it is nowhere near as noticable.
Yep same happened to me but the advantages far outway the vibration. Yes it vibrates more but beds in nicely after 500 miles or so. You instantly realise its there as power goes down to the wheels much sooner.

T. Spark

Yep same happened to me but the advantages far outway the vibration. Yes it vibrates more but beds in nicely after 500 miles or so. You instantly realise its there as power goes down to the wheels much sooner.

Did you get the jabba jobbie then? How much was it?

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
well, ive got a brand new dogbone, with front and rear mounts o.e. and i'm well happy. tbh just having the new oe is much better than old oe kit, for obvious reasons. I still dont think the uprated mount was all that. It's also dawned on me why the vibration was so bad, because I've got the allards egr replacement pipe minus shudder valve, matched with the sfs hoses.