My Mk2 Ibizas, Beetle, Corrado and Golf Cabbies + Jetta. Think I have a car problem?

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Ha funny you say that, am currently obtaining myself a set of stubbies for mine :D

Just thought it would look a bit different with a white roof, especially as there seems to be a few black gti/cupras knocking about at the moment.

Thanks for the comment on winter mode - yours isnt looking too bad either - thats why I feel the need to do something to mine!!!

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Cheers mate - car was actually filthy from a 200 mile trip upto Leeds but does seem to look quite shiny!

Just made a few calls and the wheels and centers are to be polished - taking them in at the end of the week.
Think I should wait untill I can make sure they fit before I go ahead, or just take the plunge?
Suppose I have to make them work if they are polished :cartman:

There goes my food budget for the next 2 weeks :(

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Went out to the 'Mids Mega Meet' last night with Dad and Brummy.

Around 200 cars turned up

DSC02273.jpg

The Mk2's together

But the real star of the show seemed to be dad in the Bug

As soon as we got there he was being told to park it somewhere special away from us.
He ended up winning 'best air cooled' beating some stiff competition

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02315.jpg

DSC02316.jpg

Having a professional picture taken by 'drive by shooters' and an A4 framed print

Well done to Dad :D

We did however find out that a Valver is much faster than an 8v (didn't we Brummy ;) )

Ollie

Last edited:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Haha I know!
Ring him up when i'm at Uni telling him we going to a meet in cov and did he want to come, next thing I know we are waiting around for him to have his 'photo shoot'!
Will never live it down at home!! (He was however slower off the lights than both me and Brummy, so thats all that matters - at least thats what I tell myself ;) )

Ollie

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
We did however find out that a Valver is much faster than an 8v (didn't we Brummy ;) )

Ollie
I couldnt get any traction, fella,, I know you were spooling the fronts up , but I couldnt get moving till i kicked into second..(but seeing as i took the clearer , inside line, i didnt get help up by slow-be's in your lane, so still ended up in front ;)).... and what the F was the m/way home all about ? one bloke, one cherry picker, absolute chaos!
:ban:

Last edited:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Decked Dubs meet on 29th - from what I've been told should be another big one to go to in the midland area!!
Any takers???
Sure the old man will be up for it again - can't think why

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Yeah think the m42, m6 , m5 and m40 are all closed dude, they are changing a light bulb on the A38, so thought it would be safer to close all the motorways to be sure!!!

On a different note I was today hit with a devistating blow! Arches to be pulled 1", resulting in rear quarter being resprayed = £350 each side :cry:

Might have to wait for the respray before the dials go on (Or I run it ratty with shiney wheels for a year :doh: I think we could have a winner)

Ollie

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
whoop de whooo.... :D:D:D

shim the back end up as I suggested the other night at the meet, Ol... get a rake thing going on and start a new trend *In Da Scene*
lolol

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
erm..................hmmm.....................NO!

Will go under there even if i have to fiberglass myself a new rear to fit over them

Ollie

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.