Thinking of buy Compomotive alloys? Well read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well here's the next email I had off them..... I have contacted them in the past and been fobbed off or had the phone rung up on me.

Hi

Sorry if you had contacted us first we could of inspected the wheels & if it was a manufacturing fault we would of rectified the problem. As we mentioned we manufacture many wheels & all follow each other around the track thru various stages so just 4 could not miss any process. If there was a problem with our manufacturing processes we would have lots of complaints however we do not as powder painting is a very durable finish.

We normally charge £40.00 per wheel +vat to refurbish our wheels however we could of offered you a special price. However, as you have now gone ahead & had you wheels refurbished without us first inspecting the wheels very sorry as we cannot inspect the wheels we cannot comment further or very sorry offer any compensation.

As we previously mentioned cleaning agent should not be used on the wheels if it contains any type of acid & should not be left on the wheels for any length of time.

Best regards

Stephanie

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Just had a email calling me a lair about the tyre fitting place by them and when I asked for that written in a email she commented on the phone line being quiet and went..... she's contracing the forum to have it removed using emails from Oct 2007 asking for photos when I sent photos in Jan 2007.

Which when I phoned in Oct 2007 they somehow didn't have?????

Oh well off to work now, running late emailing them lol

fresh_creps

May 11, 2007
Bedfordshire
I really feel for ya mate,I think it's disgusting how bad their customer service and care is!if they don't get many complaints then surely they'd should help you out on this occasion,not only will it keep you happy it will also carry on their now long-gone reputation.

Annoys me how they try and worm their way out of everything,hope you get it sorted mate!!
Good luck

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Compomotive have now sent an email to me.

One of your members posted comments about our company which are not completely true & he has forgot to mention in OCT 2007 we asked him for photographs of his wheels however he did not send them

I will send you a copy separately. Can something be done about this

Thank you
Stephanie

As per our rules, this means that the only thing open to me is removal of this thread. However this also means removal of anything Compomotive from the forum good or bad.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Yeah me too i thought froums were to disscus things like this!how i do feel the customer service dose seem very poor!i hope it all gets soted for you in the end!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Forums are very much for discussion, but this isn't a discussion it's a one sided point of view put on what you think is a public place but is in fact a privately owned and funded forum.

You can say what you like, but ultimately it's SCN that gets birched for your point of view.

So while we'll give you a voice for a while, if it gets challenged then sadly your on you own. We've no way of proving your word against the word of someone else or a company. Though in this case its not come to that, in other cases we get threatened with legal action for your posts. Basically we have to retract your rights to publish on our forum.

Just give it some thought... we aren't Watchdog.

If you want to have a proper rant at someone or some company, get your own webspace and do it.

Last edited:

Mckellar

Well here's the next email I had off them..... I have contacted them in the past and been fobbed off or had the phone rung up on me.

Hi

Sorry if you had contacted us first we could of inspected the wheels & if it was a manufacturing fault we would of rectified the problem. As we mentioned we manufacture many wheels & all follow each other around the track thru various stages so just 4 could not miss any process. If there was a problem with our manufacturing processes we would have lots of complaints however we do not as powder painting is a very durable finish.

We normally charge £40.00 per wheel +vat to refurbish our wheels however we could of offered you a special price. However, as you have now gone ahead & had you wheels refurbished without us first inspecting the wheels very sorry as we cannot inspect the wheels we cannot comment further or very sorry offer any compensation.

As we previously mentioned cleaning agent should not be used on the wheels if it contains any type of acid & should not be left on the wheels for any length of time.

Best regards

Stephanie

Do you think she has the word "sorry" speed-dialed into her computer, it didnt even make sense, "very sorry" twice in one sentance.

Poor effort Stephanie, your company don't seem to be doing much to get new customers in.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I understand where zboyd is saying and if it has to be removed to protect SCN then okay!

Just to cover my back I was asked to send photos on Oct 2007 after the phone call but as I sent photos before (Jan/Feb 2007, twice) and somehow they got lost??? Even when they still had emails from Oct 2007.

Silly mind a company loves all the positive comments on their products but when something like this pops up they quick enough to sort it.

Here's a email.... had they sent to me as a copy this afternoon stating motorsport standard paint work as they say.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Advice on Wheels I've Purchased
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:27:51 +0100

Hi

Sorry to read of your issues.

With paint problems adjacent to the tyre we have found in our experience that this can be caused during the tyre fitting process.

Whilst the mechanical properties of the MO are without question the cosmetic finish is to a standard that is found acceptable in motorsport.

For Now

Mark

COMPOMOTIVE MOTORSPORT WHEELS
manufactured by Components Automotive 73 Limited
4/6 Wulfrun Industrial Estate, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 6HG. West Midlands
tel: 00 44 1902 311499 fax: 00 44 1902 715213
email: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
web: www.comp.co.uk www.compomotive.co.uk www.compomotive.com

Although I am getting the alloys repaired myself before I contracted compo this time and now they will do nothing for me, I'm happy to highlight this fault to other members and maybe future customers.....

If you have linked this to other forum then think it would be best to copy and paste my 1st post because this will be getting removed. :whistle:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
very fair point, when i posted i meant the no response from the manufacture until the link to the thread. :)

Yea emailed 3 times in two weeks and the 3rd email hinted that I have informed car club forums of my progess with contracting them and photos of my alloys. In two hours had a reply and after sending the link being replying all day.... I know they must be busy but I know today they had all the time for me.

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
gutted for you mate i have white compo's on mine which i got 3 months ago and if this happens i will take them back as i paid alot for these(much more than other wheels ive seen around) as comin from motorsport i thought these would be up2 the job.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I do feel for you mate. Ive looked at the Comp MO's and they arent exactly cheap. you would expect better quality for the price.

The wheels Ive got on my car were only 300 quid and I havent had any problems with paint or anything. Fair enough theres a few little scuffs round the outside of the rim when I had my tyres fitted last month but nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.