Thinking of buy Compomotive alloys? Well read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
speedlines or team dynamics are where it's at, although Rota do some nice proper lightweight wheels.

that's shocking about the compos though, it's a shame when a company like that just fob you off :rifle:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
yep you can see that the alloy hasn't been keyed right... oh well they will be second time around. Emailed compo last wednesday and had nothing from them.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
its really sad to think a company of there size just dosent seem to care about issues a customer might have

Spoogle

That's rubbish I've been a tyre fitter for ages now and I've never damaged a wheel like that, the only way possible to do that would be if you were using a metal head to fit them and no soap on the tyre! [:@]

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well over a week since I sent the email, sent another one tuesday and still no reply........... phone call next I think. Shocking fair do's

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Send them a letter via recorded delivary, then they cant worm their way out of not recieving anything.

Thanks for this post Dave, i've spent all week trying to decide on wheels, tonight I decide i'm going to Comp MO's 6's and then i see this!

Now I dunno what to do .

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Hmm nice, but only available in 16's so no good, but you have given me another idea.

Cheers Crezz. I'll pop into the mk2 section more often.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Was gonna see look into speedlines! Wish I went for them now...............

Glad to save somone the trouble that I'm having

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well 2 weeks and 3 emails and no replies, cant believe it anymore. Would even be happy if they put £100 towards the refurb.

rogers

rogers
Jan 8, 2006
bridgend, south wales
dave u wana send them a link from the forum showing exactly what people thing of there customer service, workmanship and get the point over this isnt doing anything for there business specially with swcc aswell,

i did it with a certain comapny and had a phone call from the big MD saying we will replace your part costing 280quid plus vat fro free if you pull the post!...... shall i give u a bell now for that chat lol

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well after I mentioned that I have shown and informed other car forums of my progess I'm having with them over the past few weeks they replyed this in hours

Hi

Thank you for your email & sorry for the delay in our reply

We manufacture many thousands of wheels a year & very sorry we have never seen any with paint flaking off as on yours.

All our white wheels are dipped in a chromate bath, then powder paint undercoated before being white polyester powder painted

The damage may have been caused by the cleaning agent you use to clean the wheels…. If you leave it on it can eat into the paint.

It is very rare we receive a complaint regarding paint however it normally turns out to be a problem caused by acid on the wheels.

You mention below you have now damaged your wheels & are having them refurbished therefore we would suggest in the future that you only clean them with water.

Unfortunately we cannot comment further about their condition as unfortunately we have not inspected the wheels however if you have further questions please do not hesitate to ask

Best regards

Stephanie Oates

Components Automotives 73 Limited

4/6 Wulfrun Industrial Estate

Wolverhampton

West Midlands

WV10 6HG

Told them that the "cleaning agent" I use is the same car wash that I use to wash the car and the paint on my car isn't flaking and the polish I use again I use on the car. And then I use "plain water" to wash it all off.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
I'll add to this dave, compomotives quality control is shocking, back when i worked for halfords i took an order for a set of MO's in cossie fitment in gold, we were told at the time of order the wheels would take approximately 2 weeks longer as normal as they dont normally paint in gold so had to wait for the next time they planned on producing a batch, fine no problems there, 2 weeks came and went and just got fobbed off with excuse after excuse. Wheels eventually turned up 6 weeks later, only for us to open them to find multiple areas missing gold paint where they'd obviously been hung from hooks and painted, the hooks had masked areas from getting painted, it must of been blantantly obvious to the person that packed them but they choose to send them anyways!!

Sent them back and 2 weeks later we got the same wheels back again in the same condition, sufice to say the customer cancelled the order.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
def be using that to back up my point to them then! They reckon that they can't see the alloys are not prep. right from the photos but everyone on here has said that! Be honest I be happy with something towards the refurb...... I will be sending them the link to this thread in the next email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise