PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
When i can afford it, its a massive jump to BT and i want the car ready for it, cant be arsed with things breaking around it that should have been uprated to cope.

Looks like the backdraft kit is the favourite at the moment tho.

ian_cupra

your almost there now though aint you, just need to get injectors, 3" maf, manifold etc....

just looked on there site, looks fairly cheap for there kits :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
On my list left are...

Wideband gauge and sensor, probabaly AEM UEGO
Walbro in line fuel pump.
Manifold
Downpipe
Turbo with all ancilliaries, lines etc..
injectors
Stage 3
3" filter (as i got the 3" MAF already)

Still quite a bit of cash!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Stage 3 is 175 quid upgrade fee as i'm on stage 2 currently so thats an smaller blow.

Mani is about 500+plus vat from backdraft and i have no idea how much their downpipe is. I'll probably get the turbo from the states along with the injectors.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just as a bit of info, i weighed the standard seats last night.

19.7kg's a piece up front.

Couldnt do the rear but i'd guess its not far off the same, maybe more.

So in total ~60kgs.

New seats are 7kgs a seat plus subframes and alloy sidemounts which i'll weigh up to see what i've saved.

Sound deadening next? :D

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Just as a bit of info, i weighed the standard seats last night.

19.7kg's a piece up front.

Couldnt do the rear but i'd guess its not far off the same, maybe more.

So in total ~60kgs.

New seats are 7kgs a seat plus subframes and alloy sidemounts which i'll weigh up to see what i've saved.

Sound deadening next? :D

yea standard seats weight a ton dont they. i am keeping the cupra r ones in my car as i have back problems and find them very comfortable.

which seats have you got yourself to go in the car ?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I got corbeau sprint with 3" 4 point Ricco harnesses and sparco subframes with alloy side mounts. I'm just waiting on the subframes now which should turn up tomorrow.

I'll take some pics in a bit.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Got my subframes delivered today, bolted them in, all good, went to put the seats in and they were no where near, i'm gutted.

Basically because i've got XL seats and them being wider they dont fit standard subframes, so i need to get a 480mm length of 1"x0.5" box section and drill 4 holes, 2 to fix to the current subframes and 2 to fix to the side mount fixings. I also gotta re drill another hole of for the side mmount to subframe as the pitch front to back is wrong.

I'm a bit gutted but it should be ok to do tho.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Wow what a read, and more importantly what a car!

Looking absolutely awesome. So much attention to detail...the finishing is great. By far the nicest engine I have seen on here (and any other website/real life for that matter).

Never sell that thing!

great work and hoping to see more of it, as seeing this in real life (or any other car on here) is more than likely never gonna happen for me.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
:redface: :redface: :redface:

Thanks for the comments, feel a bit funny posting everything i've done really, like i'm after praise etc...

Should be making the extra piece for the subframes tonight if i can find some box section.

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Shame about the subframes Phil, hope it's an easy fix!

Are you going to put a cage in too?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I'd love to put a cage in, missed a rockingham one not long ago which i think Ian_cupra got.

Some pics....
DSCF1426.jpg

DSCF1437.jpg

Looks like i'll have to flip the side mounts around as they might be too wide if fitted like its show in the pics.

Oil cap...

DSCF1431.jpg

Picked up everything i need now, m10 nylocs and bolts etc... So all being well i should have them in by sunday. :D

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Quick pick of my handywork....

IMG_0030.jpg

Seats are now in with the harneses all adjusted which took ages. Took it out for a spin and dear god they hold you in, just need to tilt the seat back a little thats all.

Couldnt take any more pics as its been raining non stop since the weekend.

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
i want that open cone you have phil. lol. nice car mate. cant wait to have a proper look on the rr day. things always look better in person

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Track day yesterday at Llandow, South Wales, think i managed about 50 laps all day, car didnt put a foot wrong, except for my passenger side wheel nuts coming undone once. lol. And i got a slight oil leak off the half moon on the rocker cover again.

Diff, tyres, seats, brakes and harnesses were awesome fair play, felt like a different car to when i went out on Castle Combe.

Only slight concern was the flames and overfuelling on full throttle gear changes when changing quick. But i guess its dumping a load of fuel in by the limiter plus its hot and not having a cat doesnt help. lol.

Couple of pics...

Me chasing a 260bhp mini cooper, went well fair play.
IMG_6669.jpg

IMG_6676.jpg

593.jpg

733.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.