PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Couple more..

DSC_3950.jpg

DSC_3967.jpg

And a couple more coming later today. :D

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks dave. :D

Some updates, with no pics at the moment sorry.

My cam cover is at my polishers gettin done, cant wait to get it back. I need to bond in some studs for the coilpacks which i'll use some chrome 'pike' nuts. I wont post any pics of these but if you know what they are you might think theyre a gay. lmao.

Gonna paint my spare throttle body this week after i remove the elbow off it and tap the hole so i can block it up for a cleaner look.

Also started doing a wire tuck, i'll post pics of this, but basically all my wires down the drivers side are now hidden.

I'm also looking at moving my power steering tank, but need to find out what hose to use which is safe with power steering fluid.

ian_cupra

nice one phil, sounds like you got alot to do :) should be looking awesome when you done though

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Ok so i'm 90% through the wire tuck on the passenger side, what a nightmare it is to do, to be honest if your not goin for a euro minimal look i really wouldnt bother.

The wheel and arch liner has to come out, all the loom split and threaded through the wing then all re-tapped and held properly.

I'm still working out where to put the horn, stupid me forgot to leave it out so i could mount it in the wing and i'll be ****ed if i'm take it all back through. lol.

Anyway, some pics, i'll post up when i get it all back together and looking a bit neater and cleaner....

DSCF1454.jpg

DSCF1457.jpg

Gettin there...
DSCF1459.jpg

Also got my braided hose ends off Myki tonight so i'll be spraying those black with the throttle body.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Also got some 10mm chrome nut covers which should hide away the nuts on the rocker cover when i get.

Had some Briliant metal polish delivered today which i've heard good things about, so will be giving that a bash this week.

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
It'll look sweet when it's all done and be worth the time spent doing it. I like all the early Golfs that have had a wire tuck.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I hope it will be martin, just been hard working doing it for not a massive amount of change if you know what i mean. Hopefully with the braided hoses on that side of the bay with the lack of wires it should look ok.

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
I'm sure it will look good! It's the little things that make the biggest difference. I haven't seen anyone do a wire tuck on an Ibiza before so it'll be good to see the outcome

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members