Revo'd Cupra Mk4 180 Clutch Slip

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
as far as know the map is still on there
the receipt is certainly still there

i managed to get tax/MOT/service in the deal and a bit of discount, but ill give him a call and tell him new clutch or deal is off.

im worried ill lose my deposit though. its only £200 but its £200 you know

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Check PM mate...sorry to be bearer of bad news...I would steer clear especially after the results of the HPI check I did :banned: :blink:

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Just keep an eye out mate, I did a 400 mile mission to get mine but it was worth it..lower mileage and same price as that one. Hopefully other ppl will be selling up after all the xmas expense ;)

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
You could try and find who the finance is with and tell the dealer to reduce the price buy the amount outstanding - probably a long shot tho...not sure exactly how it works but I wouldn't want that hanging over me and my car being repossesed or something. If you do your own HPI check, try RAC as its only £5 i think rather than AutoTrader's £25!

I didn't trust the dealer either, he kept going on about this one having a front mounted intercooler and 'Brembo brakes' even tho they all do...

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
i told him it had APs and the IC was std, and he admitted he thought they were aftermarket IC and brembs, but stood corrected

the problem is it was a really really nice car, clean and well looked after by the looks of things.

i spoke to a mate and he says Revos can be quite aggressive maps and can cause these probs?

it drove fine to me, im gonna take him with me to test drive it again, get it diagnostic;d on the VAG com too and go from there.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea it did look neat and tidy...just the clutch was the main thing. The guy was telling me give it some when I test drove it...when you get on the dual carriageway just look out for the clutch slipping and the rev counter rising suddenly then falling (dont confuse this with the wheels spinning if it is slippy). And check the EPC light isn't flashing. It should ONLY come on before the engine is started.

The Revo could have contributed to the clutch being knackered. Revo shouldn't cause clutch to slip on its own - only if it ahs been abused.

You've been warned about the HPI mate! Maybe best to do another one in case the finance has now cleared...bear in mind you might have trouble selling it on if it hasn't.

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
the misses works for BMW and she can get full comprehensive HPIs for free, so shes doing one tomorro.

i gave it a bit of a bootful, but nothing major, no flashing EPC (is ths traction control btw??) and no rising/falling revs

seemed to pull ok but no huge thrust or sense of urgency i would have expected from a remapped car.

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
HPI is showing nothing outstanding now

just says one owner change, and alot of previous HPI checks

im gonna give him a call, and ask about the clutch, ask for it to be checked when it gets serviced, and aslo tell him i wont be comitting until a further test drive has been done.

Matt_TDI

Apr 8, 2007
i just bought an 05 plate fr with 19700 miles on it for 8000, its absolutely mint and i knew the car locally as it used to come down our local pub driven by an old guy so wouldn't have been thrashed :)

pick it up saturday and i cant wait :D

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.