Had a major accident in the cupra last night :(

swissrebel

May 17, 2007
Don't, seriously - ovni's the bloody colour i'm planning on getting mine in!

They'll be extinct by next year :(

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
on the airbag situation its happened to me when i had my ibiza...both cars wrote off and no airbags!!and a friends bora didnt fair to well either and yet again no airbags!!!although it did land on a sheep which was claimed back through the insurance!!:lol:
photo.php

sorry if this link is sh** btw!!

amazing how people walk away from some accidents...however some dont.

Last edited:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Sympathy goes out to you mate, i nearly lost my life a few years back in a 100+ collision.

110% blame on me, driving like an idiot!

Cars just dont crash by themselves though, you say you were travelling at 65-70mph but yet say you crashed at very high speed:shrug: By the time you had applied the brake and lost speed through the spin, probably a 40mph collision.

Also, i have hit plenty standing water puddles at 65-70mph on dual/motorway and always remained in control . Im sure aquaplaning is only applicable at around 80+

Some blame must lie with you, as to be fair cars just dont crash by themselves:rolleyes: Quiet motorway, late at night:doh:

All the best with claim and new car though and glad to hear your okay:)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Also, i have hit plenty standing water puddles at 65-70mph on dual/motorway and always remained in control . Im sure aquaplaning is only applicable at around 80+

Nope, its a simple principle of displacement. The way 12000 tonne ships float etc. If the water being displaced is greater than the pressure per given area being exerted by the car then lift at the font of the tyre will happen.

Technically any speed greater than say 50-55mph will increase chances of aquaplaning. Also the wider the tires the less pressure exerted by the car thus the lower speed required to aquaplane.

Best prevention, is thinner tyres, lower speed, using a lower gear, round tyres like on bikes. to stop it happening, simplydepress clutch to let wheels freewheel, then grip will come back.

wazo786

Apr 3, 2006
Sympathy goes out to you mate, i nearly lost my life a few years back in a 100+ collision.

110% blame on me, driving like an idiot!

Cars just dont crash by themselves though, you say you were travelling at 65-70mph but yet say you crashed at very high speed:shrug: By the time you had applied the brake and lost speed through the spin, probably a 40mph collision.

Some blame must lie with you, as to be fair cars just dont crash by themselves:rolleyes: Quiet motorway, late at night:doh:

All the best with claim and new car though and glad to hear your okay:)

Nah mate, deffinately was not driving dangerously or at excessive speeds - because it was cruise nigh tin Hamilton, and Police were everywhere as i mentioned earlier

There was a Police car sitting on the opposite end of the motorway which i saw from a mile away and they saw the whole thing and then ran over to help - so that puts to rest any accusation that i was speeding

Like i said above - i think i tugged at the wheel a it 2 much when changing from slip road onto the main carriageway - thats what im holding the whole thing down to

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
blimeyy, what a prat, i was just about to post, " cor that looks bad , almost squashed the Leon into the shape of a rover 200"

Then i realised, it was one,,,,,ooops

jayblue

Sorry to hear about your accident, but at least your ok :) i take it LC's don't have esp? Only ever been in a LCR from the Leon range so don't know :shrug:

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Glad your alright dude. One day u may look back on this and wish you wrote that letter you thought of... best not to have any regrets! plus their may be a reasonable explanation, contact your insurance company about the airbag if you have legal cover they will want to know.

TallFella

Hello Tom, come down Tom
Nov 6, 2003
Bedfordshiria
Visit site
As has been said plenty of times already - main thing is you're ok, and nobody else was hurt. Could've been a lot worse, luckily it wasn't.

Hope it's all sorted for you soon.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.