www.seatcupra.net
how do you do it with vagcom?

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Measuring Blocks - 08]
Group 060
[Go!]
[Switch to basic settings]
Once you do this you will see the top right display say ADP RUN. The TB adaptation is being done as soon as you switch to basic settings. You will see the values change and hear the TB cycle for the first few seconds then it will stop. Leave it in Basic Settings for about 30 seconds.
[Switch to Meas. Blocks] button and you're all set.

Be sure not to touch the accelerator and make sure the engine is NOT running when you do this!

cupra_brown

Jul 27, 2005
so what is the differance then between doing this through vag ,or disconencting the battery, leaving it for ten mins, the reconnecting and allowing it to do it self?

or have i missed the point here somewhere?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
The high-pitch whistling noise DEFINATELY comes from the TB........ and if it is a butterfly cycle why does it only do the cycle with the door open?

Weird, but I'll have to do the vag-com method from now on then... :S

Last edited:

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
bugger, I can't use vagcom any more as my new laptop is usb only. Was going to clean my TB today, but I guess not now as I can't align after.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
bugger, I can't use vagcom any more as my new laptop is usb only. Was going to clean my TB today, but I guess not now as I can't align after.

out of interest mate, what do YOU do to clean your TB - I'm usually lazy and don't bother to do it - but I think i need to as my car seems to have a few issues that this could sort.

Cheers

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just done by tb reset via vag! alot easier than ripping the battery terminals off and loosing all the memery for the mileage and the head unit.
ive jus clean mines tb some time ago using carb cleaner! looked spankers. wonder how it looks now.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
did you just remove the intercooler hose and spray inside, around the butterfly valve?

Nah i just took the whole thing off, as i dont want any to get into manifold or the sensor behind the tb.
I done it in the sink and sprayed the carb cleaner and let the black dirt just drip off, then using hard paper around the butteryfly to remove and excess dirt.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
How hard is it to remove?

Got a bit of an idiots guide?

I read that you need to change the gasket when you remove it... Do you do this or am I just reading it wrong?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
How hard is it to remove?

Got a bit of an idiots guide?

I read that you need to change the gasket when you remove it... Do you do this or am I just reading it wrong?

it was quite easy! just take the hose off and there are 4 halon keys nuts and small vacum pipe using pliers.
My gasket looked in good condition as it very thick. i just used same one. (just make sure you dont get any carb cleaner on it!)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
oh ok. Thanks.

As for the TB alignment - did it by VAG-COM today. I'm much happier now - as the flat spots I had around 1.5-2k are now gone - didn't think this would help but it seems to have cured it :) BONUS :D

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
oh ok. Thanks.

As for the TB alignment - did it by VAG-COM today. I'm much happier now - as the flat spots I had around 1.5-2k are now gone - didn't think this would help but it seems to have cured it :) BONUS :D

Same here! Done the tb early morning, in the evening. started it the car stalled on 1st key :confused: abit odd!

2nd, it started and stutterd for a second. Once the car warmed up it felt abit more responsive than before.
Thats a thumbs up for me :funk:

Cupraloon

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Measuring Blocks - 08]
Group 060
[Go!]
[Switch to basic settings]
Once you do this you will see the top right display say ADP RUN. The TB adaptation is being done as soon as you switch to basic settings. You will see the values change and hear the TB cycle for the first few seconds then it will stop. Leave it in Basic Settings for about 30 seconds.
[Switch to Meas. Blocks] button and you're all set.

Be sure not to touch the accelerator and make sure the engine is NOT running when you do this!

Did my TB alignment today, using these instructions via vag-com, did it a couple of times to be sure every thing was ok,

I got some variation's in read outs as follows

______

first time:
Throttle sensor 1 | Throttle sensor 2

14.5% ------------| 85.1- 85.2% (flickering between)

Second Time

Throttle sensor 1 | Throttle sensor 2

14.1% ------------| 85.5%

Does anyone know why the variance occurred, and what/why it is please.

Car seems to rev a little better afterwards, just about to go out for a spin to see if theres any difference in performance.

Also I had some fault codes desplaying - Which i've cleared

which were:

Power supply terminal 30 - Voltage too low

P1602-35-10 --- Intermittant

Can any one clear up what these figure's represent please..

Last edited by a moderator:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Mate,

don't worry about the power errors (both of them) because they are related to the fact that you have probably disconnected your battery at some point, or your battery has gone flat. Either way, the error will appear until you clear it.

I had exactly the same results with TB alignment as you - values change. I don't pretend to understand why they are what they are, or why they do that.

Cupraloon

Thanks for the reply Pabs,

Had the battery off couple of weeks ago, trying the tb reset... so thats probably it..

I've just come back from a blast around the lanes/dual carriageway, and the car does indeed feel a little more responsive, it's boosting from about 2500rpm in 2nd/3rd gear and seems to be holding boost a little better now to around 5500rpm, also it's ticking over a little more smoothly....

All this from a tb reset... amazing :whistle:

Happy .... me; oh yes :D