Armrest

FRTDI170

K4ith

K4ith

Which gear knob you gone for?

I've got the leather and carbon fibre one on order, but taking ages to arrive...

Gonna get armrest fitted at same time hopefully

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
black leather one withe the grey bit underneath that has a hole in it, pics on the seat site look better than it does in real life.

mklock

Go Racers GO
Apr 1, 2004
Stevenage
Does anyone who has the Arm rest fitted think it was a bad idea?

On another post, Twonker said that it got in the way?

Last edited:

looking_to_buy

cheers for this thread :) already put this in another thread, but gonna fit myself after reading this (dealer wanted £30 to fit)

this forum seems a lot better than the other seat forum i've signed up for :)

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
ordered yesterday - £90 fitted :)

Parts dept wanted £45 to fit it, wasnt gonna pay that so spoke to my salesman and he said he would get it done for nothing !!

Part is out of stock at factory - anyone know how long it might take?

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I ordered my armrest with the Aux in space on June 1st the dealer has said that the factory are having trouble getting them been waiting a month now nearly :cry:. Anyone else had any problems getting hold of one recently??

shaunw

Apr 13, 2007
HANTS
Yes RobGTI. I ordered one when I ordered my car in April. Car has come:) but still waiting for the armrest:shrug:

I was told they are on back order and the dealer doesnt know when they will be able to get one.

Shaun

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
Why do VW Group think it's OK to charge extra for fittings like that?

Iif you're tall and thin(ish), it is a necessity for maintaining a healthy back, as the seat bolsters can't provide enough lateral support for all shapes and sizes.

I've got one on order, but do I begrudge having to buy it as an extra. I'd rather have paid a few quid more on the car in the first place (I'll bet it costs a fraction of the aftermarket price to make and fit during assembly).

It makes Seat look stingy.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Got a phone call off the dealer this morning my armest has come in at last, its quite comfy as well but gets in the way of the handbrake a bit as has not been adpated for right hand drive cars. LHD would have no problems.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
hi robgti.

do you get a choice of trims with your armrest, other than take it or leave it?

just curious as obviously there is a variety of upholstery types/colours and not sure how it can match all combinations.
in particular id be interested if any cupra owners have the armrest and if so how well does it match the seats?

thanks in advance.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
hi robgti.

do you get a choice of trims with your armrest, other than take it or leave it?

just curious as obviously there is a variety of upholstery types/colours and not sure how it can match all combinations.
in particular id be interested if any cupra owners have the armrest and if so how well does it match the seats?

thanks in advance.

The is a red fleckle in half the material, but it dosn't look out of place, would probably look best with the sport interior as that has a red fleckle in the seats and door cards. There is no choice red fleckle or nothing I'm afraid.

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
.....its quite comfy...but gets in the way of the handbrake a bit as has not been adpated for right hand drive cars. LHD would have no problems.

Exactly right, Rob.

The whole centre console thing has been designed for LHD use, a common, cost-cutting exercise that's not uncommon amongst other manufacturers....

Xe

Which is why best armrest to get for the Leon mk2 is not the Seat made one, its this one Clicky ;)

Plus there is a choice of colours and materials.

coxxic

Sep 29, 2006
CZ
www.absolutsystem.com
I have one fitted in my FR all only in black. What is it possible? Only thing you have to do is spent a hour with black marker and cover every fleck into black ... Looks much better now

Black dotted area of armrest now looks exactly same as dotted area on steering wheel, and thats why I´ve made up my armrest

(made by 0,5mm black permanent marker)

I made one more upgrade, covered inner side of armrest and glovebox by "plush" (this technology is named as "flocking"). Hard to describe, but this treatment of inner part of interior´s box is routine in other "better" VW group cars (as standard).
There is no more rattles from glovebox and armrest by small moving things.

hope you know what I mean

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I have one fitted in my FR all only in black. What is it possible? Only thing you have to do is spent a hour with black marker and cover every fleck into black ... Looks much better now

Black dotted area of armrest now looks exactly same as dotted area on steering wheel, and thats why I´ve made up my armrest

(made by 0,5mm black permanent marker)

I made one more upgrade, covered inner side of armrest and glovebox by "plush" (this technology is named as "flocking"). Hard to describe, but this treatment of inner part of interior´s box is routine in other "better" VW group cars (as standard).
There is no more rattles from glovebox and armrest by small moving things.

hope you know what I mean

Pictures please??

coxxic

Sep 29, 2006
CZ
www.absolutsystem.com
ok, i will take some pics for you after weekend.

btw, there are pics from my little mission to find out what is fuc* rattling somewhere behind glovebox. What surrprise :)

imgp68602tl7.jpg

imgp68772mi2.jpg

imgp68792pw3.jpg

imgp68782pg8.jpg

here you are
imgp68652ho5.jpg